Do you still write checks?

I very rarerly write a check...only to pay the lawn guys and to put money on my sons lunch card- or some other school related thing.

I was in line behind a lady today at the store that wrote a check- instead of a bank card, credit card, cash- and it took FOREVER! I was thinking to myself, "I didn't know people still did that" LOL

got me to thinking, do you write checks like at the grocery store?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:47 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I do. If I don't have the duplicate check to look at I will forget to enter the amount. I can't afford to miss an entry and bounce a check.
    Anonymous

• Rarely here too. I don't write one at a store unless I have to because their credit card machine is down or something.
    Anonymous

• I always write checks. I don't like paying bills online.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 8:53 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Only for rent usually, sometimes car insurance so i can post date it. Thats about it though.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 8:57 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I write checks for our water bill and garbage collection. Everything else I pay online or with a check card/credit card. We pay our credit card balance every month and just accrue the bonus points. We've gotten some awesome stuff for using our points!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:01 PM on May. 18, 2010

• sometimes to pay the rent or to pay a friend for something if i dont have cash....
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 9:09 PM on May. 18, 2010

• We write 3 checks a month.. Two to my DD's preschool, One to her Ballet Lessons. The rest we pay online like her swimming Lessons, Utility Bills, Cable, phone..It always annoys me to have to write checks.

Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 9:12 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Rarely. We pay NO bills online - half are taken out of our account directly (ALL insurances, etc), a couple we pay over the phone, and there are 1-3 we pay by check. A book lasts us a long time, the last time I ordered a box of 200 checks it lasted us 2-3 years!
    Anonymous

• I do for school things for the kids, the water bill, daycare, and a couple of random things that come up here and there. I do online and auto payments when I can.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:31 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I do to pay the water and trash bills but that's it.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 9:57 PM on May. 18, 2010