Postpardom hemrroids... Tmi?

I just had my baby 3 days ago and ended up with a small external hemrroid :'(
it hurts so bad and even itches sometimes. I was given tucts pafs and a perscription for oxycodone to help with all the pain iv got from giving birth including this problem. But once the pills stop working i can hardly walk or sit without wanting to cry!

im just asking how to deal with this for now cause the dr said the pain should stop in a few days but untill then i needto know what works to either get rid of it or atleast stop the pain?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I got the same thing after having my son 3 years ago. Unfortunately there isn't too much other than the tucks pads and spray and the sitz baths that you can do. I would continue to take perkicet or whatever the dr gave you until it runs out... other than that, there isn't a whole lot. I know that wasn't very helpful... Hope it feels better soon!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 9:13 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Try Aleve...or something else that helps with inflammation / swelling.

It usually takes about a week for the blood to drain back out of that pouch/sack that's there; and then you'll be left with a flap of skin you'll have to clean around unless you go in and have them remove it.

I will say though that once you get one like that; sadly it seems to be easier to get more. I've had it happen about 5 or 6 times at least in the past 3 years. Some are not so bad; some are excruciating. In those cases; try to sit on your right side; like your hip...your back will get sore if you sit for a while; but it's the other pain.

You don't want diarrhea but you do want soft stools; no straining; so eat accordingly the next few days...then try to keep that in mind in the future; even if you think it's "normal" pushing to go; back off and try again later or you'll get more.

GL
    Anonymous

• OH - Icepacks...I should have said; sorry. Like the ones you use for any other injury; wrap it in a wash cloth or something and literally sit on it...I even wedged it in between the cheeks a bit - it will also help bring down the swelling and relieve some of the pressure.
    Anonymous

• Pure aloe juice, alcohol free witch hazel, and stay off your butt (sit on a donut or side sit), ice packs are nice too.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:51 PM on May. 18, 2010

• take the anti inflammatory, like aleve or ibuprofen to keep the swelling down! it will help you all around not just the hemmerhoid. as far as tucks, preperation h, witch hazel, epifoam/dermoplast and all that go, you'll just have to try them all and see which works for you.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:41 AM on May. 19, 2010