Is it ok for children to shower with their parents?

My 2 year old daughter likes to take a shower with me. Do you think that is ok? How old will she be before it is not ok?

amber710

Asked by amber710 at 9:01 PM on May. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• I take a bath with my DD (shes 2). She has the same parts as me and doesnt pay attention to them anyways
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 9:06 PM on May. 18, 2010

• That is personally up to ever parent to feel when they feel it is not ok anymore.
    Anonymous

• umm, I showered with my mom till I was 5 or 6. There were times I showered alone, or bathed alone, but when we were rushing in the morning we just got in together...lol and that is pretty old
    2yrs is not that old
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 9:05 PM on May. 18, 2010

• i shower with my son, hes a year. i showered with my mom when i was younger too. i think eventually they will be the ones who start to feel wierd, then you stop ... with a girl, im gonna guess around like 6-8.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:23 PM on May. 18, 2010

• we only ever did a few times with our kids..... but this is ONLY 'cuz with my son I had a PICC line that I could'nt get wet and when we had my daughter my DH had his entire leg in a huge cast that couldn't get wet. So the healthy parent just stuck the kid in the baby bath tub. Now they're too old/big for it to make sense. Just another thing I missed, lol!

I think there's nothing wrong w/ it. Kids and water/bubbles is a joy..... plus saving water is terrific
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:26 PM on May. 18, 2010

• My oldest son, 21 months gets in the shower with my at least every other day. My nephew showered with his mom and my mom until he was early 4.....when he said something about why don't girls and boys have the same things between their legs. Some families are more open than others. But that early, I wouldn't worry about it. Geese, I'm 32 and still sit in the bathroom and talk to my mom when she takes a bath. Or vise versa if I am showering at her house.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 9:31 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I see nothing wrong with it. You will know when its time to stop.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:21 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Perfectly fine... you'll know when it gets awkward lol.
    MrsDex

Answer by MrsDex at 10:29 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Parents showering with children is fine until one or both are no longer comfortable with this.
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 10:47 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I shower with my both my girls occasionally. They are 3 and 20months. They just play with their toys, the water, etc. I don't think it is a problem at all. When they start to feel uncomfortable with it, I will stop. My husband almost never showers with either one, but our 3 year old wanted to last week, so he put on his swim shorts, LOL!!
    Anonymous