OMG, isn't this racial profiling? Absolutely disgusting.

(b) With respect to any such person who is arrested, and suspected of being present in the United States in violation of federal immigration laws, every law enforcement agency shall do the following: (1) Attempt to verify the legal status of such person as a citizen of the United States, an alien lawfully admitted as a permanent resident, an alien lawfully admitted for a temporary period of time or as an alien who is present in the United States in violation of immigration laws .

The verification process may include, but shall not be limited to, questioning the person regarding his or her date and place of birth, and entry into the United States, and demanding documentation to indicate his or her legal status.

Does it remind you of Hitler's Germany?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• yeah, all those racial words there, I don't know HOW that got that bill passed!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 9:53 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Anonymous

• why? If you arent legal you should be deported
    Anonymous

• This was brought up yesterday. No one could come up with a good reason as to WHY Ca had the same laws as AZ. California: The land of fruits and nuts.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:23 PM on May. 18, 2010

• in other countries you get asked for a passport for even having an accent if you speak their language perfctly otherwise, or if you seem to not be familiar, etc.

i dont think so

whats racial about it? illegal or not legal, its easy...lol if you're an adult you should have an ID
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 9:24 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Seriously? No it does not remind me anything of Hitler or Germany.

You have lost it, really, you have.
    Anonymous

• How stupid are you?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:31 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Anon :24, guess you don't get the irony of this post.

People have been protesting AZ immigration laws, boycotting AZ, and referring to AZ's new law as "Nazi Like". Even LA, CA is boycotting. Oddly enough, CA's law resembles AZ's new law.

I find the irony amusing.

You can thank me later for explaining it to you.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:33 PM on May. 18, 2010

• OP here. I was being snarky. So many people are mad about Arizona's immigration laws, I thought I'd point out how stupid they were.
    Anonymous

• How is this racial again? Is being illegal a race? Not the last time I have checked. Where are you getting the race thing at?
    Anonymous