IS it right to keep a child from there father and his family?

my brother like most boys his age at the time slept with a girl, and she ended up pregnant with my niece. now unlike most boys his age he didn't tell her to take a hick or that it wasnt his or any of that other stuff. he chose to stay with her have the baby drop out of school get a job and find them a home. while she finished school, and didn't have to get a job she was all happy about this tell her mother decided she didn't like my family for some reason or anther. she broke up with my brother and wouldn't let him see his baby hes seen her 2 times i think. my son was born a few weeks later there not far in age and for 2 years now I've never seen Izzy. and here recently i happened upon her mothers facebook she added me and when she seen it was me blocked me but i did manage to get some pics of Izzy before she did and I'm sending them to my brother am i the only one that sees this as wrong? my brothers even tried to give money

Manda_Evans

Asked by Manda_Evans at 9:25 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• if your brother wants to see his daughter that bad, he should go to court and get visitation rights. shes not allowed to do that.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:28 PM on May. 18, 2010

• hes on his way to court and asked to see her for her birthday this month she told him Hell no go away and never come back.
    Manda_Evans

Answer by Manda_Evans at 9:29 PM on May. 18, 2010

• yes, of course it's wrong. Your brother has rights to his child and should take some legal action.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:29 PM on May. 18, 2010

• he should be fighting for custody, at least partial

if I decided to restrict my son from seeing his father, should we break up, my SO would fight in court to see his baby on a regualr basis and be in his life, he needs to grow some balls and step up and stand up for himself. he has all the right to. if he doesnt thats all his own bad, yeah she's wrong but he has the law protecting his right to be a father and he's not using that to his advantage.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 9:30 PM on May. 18, 2010

• hes trying to see her and trying to take her to court but he cant afford the lawyer
    Manda_Evans

Answer by Manda_Evans at 9:33 PM on May. 18, 2010

• why does he not go to court for visitation rights? My SO would ffight. If he did all you said he deserves to seee that baby!
    Anonymous

• he should definetly fight it. he could even use the abandonment clause if he found a good enuff lawyer, she took his kid away with no just cause, and she is in the wrong. it is hard though, because even this day in age, the courts still favor mothers rights over fathers, so he is in for a tough battle, i konw, because my brother has been fighting to see his daughter for almost 8 years. it wont be easy, and even if he doesnt win, he will know he did what was right, and one day that kid will ask questions, and he will be able to say he did the right thing and everything in his power. he needs to fight, or he will regret if for the rest of his life.
    jeanniegirl82

Answer by jeanniegirl82 at 9:35 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Now, I think you already know the answer. Unless the father is abusive, yes it is wrong and immature.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 9:49 PM on May. 18, 2010

• he doesnt need a lawyer, all he has to do is go to the court house(or call) and ask for a court date for visitation /custody rights. I didnt use a lawyer, for that or my divorce.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:54 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Yeah, she should not be doing that. It's not fair to your brother or the child. I can bet that when she goes(or gets) child support, she makes sure to let him know that he helped make that child. There are women out there who would much rather take the money then to see a relationship between a father and his kid. That is just sad!
    jucyfrut

Answer by jucyfrut at 10:24 PM on May. 18, 2010