Do the Duggars use Birth Control?

I thought it was against their faith, but they must do something to keep from getting pregnant in between kids. I noticed their son and his wife still only have one child. How do they keep getting from getting pregnant.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My guess is the pull out method.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 9:41 PM on May. 18, 2010

• all their kids are pretty close in age. and she probably breastfed them, which can act as natural birth control.
    Anonymous

• well, to my knowledge dont use any form of birth control, they dont believe in it to begin with, that is why they have 19 kids or something! they do follow what the bible says about 45 days or something like that before having sex again, as far as their kids go, i havent been able to find anything out about birth control choices they have made.
    jeanniegirl82

Answer by jeanniegirl82 at 9:43 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I had sex for 2 yrs before getting pregnant ... the pull out method works for a while
    Anonymous

• No. I watch the show all the time. They basically believe that children are a gift from God and that Birth Control goes against Gods will.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:50 PM on May. 18, 2010

• they use only the rythym method, which I believe is allowed in their church.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:51 PM on May. 18, 2010

• "the pull out method works for a while"

worked for me for 7 years.
    Anonymous

• In a manner of speaking. Michelle weans early so she can get pregnant again sooner. She's not controlling her fertility to reduce births; she's controlling it so she can pop out more babies. I know the son and DIL said they wanted to have lots of kids too so it's quite possible they're having some trouble getting pregnant again. It took me a year and a half to get pregnant with my son and I've been trying for number two for 5 years now. I haven't used contraception since 2002 and I only have one.
    Anonymous

• other than breastfeeding, they do this thing from the bible.... they abstain from sex in between kids for a period. It's something something days for a son and I think 40 days for a daughter.

There is no WAY they use the pull out method, that's spilling your seed and they'd consider that the loss of a potential child
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:52 PM on May. 18, 2010

• 9:51 PM on May. 18, 2010 by: Bearsjen

I think I heard her say they use the rythym method also.
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 10:00 PM on May. 18, 2010