YMCA!!!!!

Is it a good gym to join????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I absolutely think so. They offer free child care for up to 3 hrs while you work out, and you can use all of the facilities, like the pool, gym, etc.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 9:56 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Yes! Each YMCA is a little different but ours is great. Day care is 2hrs at a time (at ours if you go early AM & late PM, I think you can get 4hrs of daycare a day).
    Good discounts on other programs they have going on (swim class for child for example). Alot just depends on your YMCA.. Our pool is outside (not cool since winter months its closed), we have a sauna... The equipment is nice & easy to learn.. They offer trainers for a little extra money, but a trainer is always around if you need help on something for free.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:09 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Love it. I imagine in every area its different...my area, 9 hrs a week, no more than 2 hrs at a day for childcare, but its free and they do crafts, have outdoor playground etc for them. dd loves it. I love the amenities, indoor lap pool, wading pool, hot tub, sauna, steam room, indoor track, classes, equipment, free orientation, etc You'd think I work there, but I don't...I just love it. Worth every penny.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 11:46 PM on May. 18, 2010

• We have to pay for child care at ours. $4 an hour. But other than that I like it.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 1:09 AM on May. 19, 2010

• It depends on the Y and how much you plan on using it. Here it's $750+ for a family membership, so we just can't afford it. I've been with friends and it's great - really super nice and lots of stuff to do. We are considering applying for a scholarship next year, but they go quickly so you have to jump on them at the beginning of the year.
    I know when I lived at the beach it was a smaller Y and much less expensive!

Answer by missanc at 8:36 AM on May. 19, 2010

• Missanc ---- At YMCA they say on their website they want every family to be able to afford fitness.. They should work with you for a membership.
    $750!? We pay $30! That is why its soo awesome, the other gyms around here dont come close to that..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:16 AM on May. 19, 2010