Does anyone make their own baby whipes?

Were havnig money issues, and we have to hurry and potty train our 2 yr. old as we had a low check this week before we run outta diapers for her. Im just trying to save some money on whipes for my 10 mnth old. How do you do it? Do they work?

mommyofAurora

Asked by mommyofAurora at 10:00 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wet paper towels and use those if I run out. Does that count? I usually get the economy pack of baby wipes from wal-mart that has several packages in a box. They last me a while before i need more.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:06 PM on May. 18, 2010

• rip them in half to last longer
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:07 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I've never even thought about making my own but I only buy them once in a while, to use when were out. But when were @ home I use a damp wash clothe for pee or if he's poopy I use tissue and get most of it off and then wash him but off in the sink. Sometimes it can be a pain but it saves money. Wipes aren't THAT expensive but it really adds up, especially if your like us and has to save every penny, or suffer at the end of the month. And I'm even thinking about switching to cloth diapers, and only ocasionally buying disposible one for when were out. But I'm sure you could use google and find out how to make your own wipes.
    momluvsmiles

Answer by momluvsmiles at 10:11 PM on May. 18, 2010

• With my oldest, we used washcloths with a small amount of baby soap until he was a year old. We just bought a jumbo pack of basic white washcloths at WalMart and would use warm water with a small squirt of J&J. Because they were white, I could bleach them when needed, and we just rinsed them out in the sink after use and then did a load of washclothes every 2-3 days - similar to cloth diapers.

Answer by missanc at 10:16 PM on May. 18, 2010

• u can get wipes for a dollar that the dollar store
    Anonymous

• cotton washcloths and plain old water.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:44 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I've made my own wipes and prefer them. They're simple to make.

Cut a roll of paper towel in half so you have two short rolls - use a good quality paper towel. I used knock-off Bounty.

Remove the inner cardboard core.

In a container slightly larger than the half roll of paper towel put 1 1/2 cups of water, 1tbsp baby oil and 1 tbsp baby wash.

Stir it together and place 1/2 roll of paper towel.

Let it sit until the paper towel has absorbed all the liquid.

Pull from the center of the roll.

I used an empty 3lb margarine container to make and keep my wipes. It's cheaper than buying the name brand wipes and better quality than the cheap wipes, alcohol free, you get to choose your scent (if any) by using your prefered baby wash - and they work great. I've also just used wet paper towel, but the baby oil and wash really helps clean up bm messes.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:14 PM on May. 18, 2010

• WHIPES?
    Its wipes. LOL. Funny.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on May. 19, 2010

• We used baby washcloths and warm water, with a little olive oil for the crusties.

Try to get cloth diapers and covers on freecycle, or in a second hand shop, rather than shelling out money for disposables.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:45 AM on May. 19, 2010