I need your advice

I asked a friend of mine to come and pick me up ..i told him that i would pay for the tolls and i would give him money for gas ..he agreed...he got a ticket for 290 dollars for speeding ...and he says to me well i wouldnt have gotten the ticket if you wouldnt have asked me to come and get you ...now the problem is he wants me to pay 200 hundred for the ticket and then tolls and gas...he's only willing to put up a hundred..i feel like to should give him something towards the ticket but maybe 90 dollars ..what do you guys thinks

amiyamom08

Asked by amiyamom08 at 10:13 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Relationships

• no way! you didn't make him speed.
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 10:14 PM on May. 18, 2010

• you dont have to pay his ticket. he didnt have to speed!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:14 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Did you tell him to speed like an idiot? No. So no you shouldn't have to pay any of it.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 10:14 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I agree w/ the advice of the other ladies. You are not responsible for his ticket, however, if you choose not to help pay it, don't expect to get a ride from him again. Only you can decide what is more important.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 10:18 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Are you kidding? His speeding has nothing to do with you. Pay the gas & tolls. The ticket is HIS ticket.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:22 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I would NOT pay the ticket. He was speeding that has nothing to do with you.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 10:22 PM on May. 18, 2010

• what kinda friend is this? lol imd say hell no u didnt make him speed
    navajomama7

Answer by navajomama7 at 10:24 PM on May. 18, 2010

• he soppes to be my best friend but im just like he know i dont have it like that ...i feel like he should no better not to be speeding the cops say he was doing 90 on the highway......so he trynna share the blame like i wouldnt of got
    the ticket if i wasnt coming to get you
    amiyamom08

Answer by amiyamom08 at 10:32 PM on May. 18, 2010

• He chose to speed. You are in no way responsible for that.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 10:44 PM on May. 18, 2010

• exactly!! He chose to speed --u didnt tell him to speed. if he was going somewhere else he would hv stiil been speeding because ppl who dont follow the speed limit usually just dont regardless of where they r going. so dont pay the ticket. i wouldnt ask him again either since he is so willing to blame u. say he wrecked his car--would he expect u to pay for that too???
    emily1234

Answer by emily1234 at 11:01 PM on May. 18, 2010