So today I sprained my foot, and I have 2 girls ages 22 mos and 4 mos...

so I need tips on how to run a household on my own like this. Hubby is going to work tomorrow and wont be home till Sunday, and have no one to help me literally.. no friends. no family, well my family lives near me but wont help, and cant hire a babysitter so how can i deal with chores, and taking care of my girls on my own?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on May. 18, 2010 in General Parenting

• I sprained my ankle when my boys were 3 & 5. I also had no one nearby to help. Have your husband help you prepare lunches and simple snacks tonight. Get a stack of movies, and keep the kids contained in a room where you can keep them corralled. Try not to worry too much about the chores, unfortunately they will pile up, but supervising the kids and keeping everyone fed may be the best you can do! I kept movies, and a bucket of toys, and had my husband change out the toys in the bucket each evening so they wouldn't get bored, but so they couldn't take out too many at a time.

GOOD LUCK! My heart is with you.....
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:42 PM on May. 18, 2010