Bleeding after ear piercing

My daughter who is 9 got her ears pierced at the end of July. Here it is so many months later and she gets a bump on the back of her ear that is filled with blood and will bleed occasionally. It's not infected or anything. She is sensitive to the cheaper metals, so we only use real gold and silver.

Anyone else had this?

heatheryn

Asked by heatheryn at 10:34 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i dont have that.. but i have my 2nd holes in my ears, for some reason those are really sensitive. my first holes arent. but my 2nd ones, if i try and put cheap earrings in them they get really itchy and burn and fill up with black shit.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:37 PM on May. 18, 2010

• did she leave her ear rings out for a few days and then put them back or maybe catch it on her shirt when getting dressed? sounds like she's just hurt it. as long as it's not puss and heals within a few days to a week she should be fine, that happened to my second set of ear piercings a couple times. I would suggest cleaning it like you had to when she first got it done to head off any infection.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:45 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Thanks. No she hadn't left them out and put them in, then again actually as I'm writing this I'm remember that Friday night, I wasn't home and she did have an issue getting it in because she'd left it out.

Duh!

lol. Thanks again, I was thinking she bumped it, too.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 10:58 PM on May. 18, 2010