my son hurt his knee.... and refuses to walk.

We were all playing and then he got up and fell somehow and said he hurt himself. I saw a little scratch on his leg and so I didn't think anything of it. Then he refused to walk, and was crawling. So, I looked at his knee, bent it (at first he didn't want to bend it and then he let me without complaining that it hurt. He still refused to walk on it. So I let it be and then he ended up taking a nap. When he woke up he still refused to walk on it. He even tried and he woudln't do it. So I looked at it again.. it looked fine and I even had him push his leg against my hand and he did it well without complaining. He has had a hard time all week, we all have been sick, so I think that one little thing he really exaggerates about because he doesnt' feel good from being sick, and we all have been sick. So, am considering taking himt to the doctor in the morning if it doesn't get better, but what should i do now? Just lethim crawl?

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 11:10 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• my son hafd a buckle frACTURE in his knee at 2 same symptoms i gave it a few hours then tookhimto the er for xrays he had a cast for 3 weeks its actually very common. follow ur gut
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 11:20 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I think I'm oging to wait. He hasn't been crying out in pain, unless he starts to walk he cries a little bit. I was there in the same room when he fell as well and I didn't even hear a noise.. I though he just scratched himself.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 11:35 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I think you should take him in if he's still not walking on it tomorrow. Usually if kids are just exhaggerating things, they will forget about it by the next day.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:43 PM on May. 18, 2010

• If it were me, I think I'm with you, I'd leave it for now and go ahead and take him in the morning. Good luck! Hope he's ok!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:56 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Try some Motrin or tylenol. I had a similar problem with my son a while back. He wouldn't walk when he got up from naps or in the morning and would cry. Dr suggested Motrin/Tylenol. That did the trick. When in doubht, call your dr's office and ask for advice.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 11:27 AM on May. 19, 2010

• update: He woke up this morning and his knee was fine. He walked on it and said "mama, my knee doesn't hurt, its not broken anymore (broken not meaning broken bones, just hurt). He's been running and playing without any problems. Thanks everyone.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 3:28 PM on May. 19, 2010