My good friend, who is a guy, has a CM profile.

It's really slow at his job right now so he started a page and loves it. I don't know what his screenname is because he won't tell me. He says he hangs out in P&CE and thinks it's hilarious when some of you girls get all crazy up in there. Do you think it's wrong for men to have a page? I realize it's called CafeMOM but does anybody really care if a man has a profile?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't like it. But the reality is, anytime you get involved with a free site, or just about anything online, there is always the chance of someone being on there you don't want on there. Another reason I think singles sites are creepy. There's no accountability online. So I always keep that in mind when posting, and I'm thankful for the anon button for those of you who think using the anon button is cowardly!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:50 PM on May. 18, 2010

• actually yes i do.
    Anonymous

• he'll be kicked of if cm finds out
    Anonymous

• i for one have no problem if it's a guy who is a single dad. they may need advice from moms with their daughters. any other guy, i don't think they should. there are dad sights out there for them
    Anonymous

• I take issue if he doesn't have a kid. Hard to dispense advice in this arena w/o a kid (parenting questions) and we women are expecting to be getting answers from women. It's deceiving.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:17 PM on May. 18, 2010

• He only hangs out in politics is what he told me. He doesn't ask for any advice on parenting or any other category.
    Anonymous

• i remember a while back a single father came on looking for advice on how to take care of his baby. the mother wasnt in the picture and he was asking what kind of thing would he need how to do this and that. ( i mean who better to ask than mothers) and some ladies on here got wound up into a tissy and got him kicked out. i felt soo bad for that guy. he was reaching out for help and got bashed and then the boot...so very sad.
    Anonymous

• I agree if he doesn't have kids then yes i think it is wrong. But i honestly don't see a problem if he is a father and isn't on here trying to find a woman.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 11:21 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I do care. This is the ONE place I can go that is relatively free of male influence. Id like it to stay that way.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 11:27 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Actually many people do care. I recall a story about a man who's wife had passed and they had a small child and he was looking for advice; honestly and someone unknowingly tipped CM admin off and he was deleted.

That is also why there's such a big deal about the nudity rules here; because women here are just petrified that men are going to be trolling their pages looking at their BF'ing photos or their kids in bathing suits etc...
    Anonymous