if you are in a house (not the same room) as some one smoking pot would it make you fail a drug test?

i am 100% anti drugs and alcohol. however a few months ago i went to a friends house for he twin boys birthday party (7 years old). the party was in the front room and outside. her dad was in the back room smoking pot...i was mad because my kids were in the house. so i rushed thru the cake and presents and took my kids outside to play. (i look back now and i should have left the moment i smelt it) but we were in the house for maybe 20 ish minutes. maybe 30 max. the rest we stayed outside. i am curently going thru a custody battle for my kids. i a fighting for their father to not get custody but have visitation. (whom i left because of his drug use) i want him drug testes. hair falical. but i am afraid if he asks me to test also will i pass? i do not do drugs. EVER. and i am afraid that being in the house while it was going on will effect my test. do you know anything about this? (under just for fun not sure where else to put)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You're clean, no worries.
    Anonymous

• OP here...i jsut wanted to add i have not gone back to my friends house...and had avoided it prior to this birthday party because i knew her dad was a pot head. but i thought it being a kids b day party and other people kids would be around i thought he wouldnt be smokeing. i should have just turned around and left.
    Anonymous

• ur fine
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 11:17 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Well first i would like to say marijuana is out of your system in 30 days, unless they do a hair follicle test they wouldn't be able to see it now. But even still, you are good.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 11:19 PM on May. 18, 2010

• i am requesting my ex husband to do a hair folicale test. because we have been going thru this for months and finally have a court date. and i am sure he is still using but may be able to pass a urine or blood test because he knew it would come up. i am kicking myself for not leaving the second i smelled it. not only cuz i was their but i exposed my kids to it. it wasnt my fault but i still should have left immediately...i feel like a horrible mom.
    Anonymous

• Don't feel like a horrible mom. There a moms out there who smoke pot right next to their own kids and don't give a crap! THOSE are horrible moms. You will not test positive for drugs because of that incident.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:29 PM on May. 18, 2010

• A teacher told me once that there is no way someone can get a contact high....hopefully thats true
    Anonymous

• "Don't feel like a horrible mom. There a moms out there who smoke pot right next to their own kids and don't give a crap! THOSE are horrible moms. You will not test positive for drugs because of that incident. "

I agree. But to anon :33 I don't THINK that is true. It can still show up on a drug test the test will also be able to tell that you were not directly smoking also though because of the low THC level.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 11:42 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I believe you can purchase drug tests at the drugstore. Lots of parents use them to test their teens. Why not buy one, and take the test yourself??
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:52 PM on May. 18, 2010

• well i am not worried about a urine or blood test. because i dont do drugs..but a hair folical test make me nervous because of what happened at the birthday party.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on May. 19, 2010