Was this chiggers or scabies?

I have all this bumps all over my body but nobody has it and the i went to emergency room last week and they said it was scabies then yesterday i went to my regular doctor and she said it look more like chiggers because nobody in my family got it. i got doxycycline for the infection and hydroxine pills for the itching and is helping me but i dont know if it was scabies or chigger Please i need an advice if you think my symptoms are more like chiggers or scabies im so confused.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Health

• chiggers will burrow and scabbies will travel up your arms and legs, laying eggs. If it's scabbies you should have red lines under your skin.
    Scabbies i believe look black under the skin as well.
    Chiggers look like HUGE mesquito bites. Fingernail polish over these will get rid of them or you can go to the store and get Chiggarid
    Peanut_Farley

Answer by Peanut_Farley at 11:25 PM on May. 18, 2010

• you can also image search :)
    Peanut_Farley

Answer by Peanut_Farley at 11:26 PM on May. 18, 2010

• mine look like mosquito bites but they are healing is like a red/purple around with scabs and is only around my breast, stomach, lower back , legs and neck and some in my arm but not in my face, feet or hands.
    Anonymous

• http://blogs.scripps.com/trn/l_richards/Bites.jpg this is pic of chiggers

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Scabies/PublishingImages/scabies_spl_176x176.jpg pic of scabbies
    Peanut_Farley

Answer by Peanut_Farley at 11:29 PM on May. 18, 2010

• chiggers like to go to where its the warmest, lol. my son had them all "down there" after we spent an entire day and most of the night out at my uncles house in the boondocks. I had them all on my inner thigh and behing my knee. My sis in law had them under her boobs and panty line :( chiggers suck!!
    Peanut_Farley

Answer by Peanut_Farley at 11:31 PM on May. 18, 2010

• yes they do and i am sure is that because my boyfriend works in landscaping and he does weeding and i heard chiggers come from that and that the only way i could had got it because of that i never went through this but im happy that im not itching as bad and is healing.
    Anonymous