Posting pictures of the contents of a miscarriage online: Inappropriate or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I had a miscarriage nine years ago- I still remember it vividly and had no urge to take a picture or post it online. Personally I would not want to see a first tri loss like I had posted because it would probably trigger some very traumatic memories. I do have some friends, however, who had later losses (second tri or third tri losses) and I have seen pictures of some of their babies. It was very emotionally wrenching to see, but I can understand a mom wanting to share that one experience with her child. One of my friends had a loss at sixteen weeks last year- I will never forget the pic of her baby's tiny hand resting on her fingertip. Those are the only pics she will ever get to take of her time with her son, and I can understand her wanting to share them with those who are willing to look. So I guess my answer is that it depends on the circumstances.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:41 PM on May. 18, 2010

• no way! i have had one before and that is way to painful. and wrong.
    Preggydyke

Answer by Preggydyke at 11:26 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Um SUPER inappropriate! Why would anyone even want to do that?! That is horrible. And I'm sure most people would be very offended by coming across someone's miscarriage pictures unknowingly.
    Anonymous

• No thank you. I'd rather not see those pictures.
    Anonymous

• Why the hell would anyone post pictures of their miscarried baby on the internet? That is so sick and wrong. I'd be honestly concerned about their mental state of mind.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:30 PM on May. 18, 2010

• Where and why would you want to do that? I know when I was prego and looking for pictures of the various stages of development I came across lots of pictures of aborted fetuses. It made me sick. But a lot of them were on sites that were trying to educate people on what abortion is all about. To me that would be the ONLY reason, otherwise no.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:30 PM on May. 18, 2010

• i saw the contense floating in the toilet and all over the floor. that was my baby.
    Anonymous

• If this is a real post and not a scam/troll. I'm sorry for your loss; but OMG why would you say it like that? Did this just happen? Are you in shock or something? I feel like I was just punched in the chest and that's just on your words...NO no one in their right mind would want to see that!
    Anonymous

• The pictures of a miscarrage is what made my friend decided to keep her baby
    Anonymous

• Anon. 44, are you sure it wasn't abortion pictures that made her keep her baby?
    Anonymous