Do you accept friend invitations from people you don't know? Why or why not? If not, is it because you don't know the person or is it because of another reason?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on May. 18, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Nope. Never. Call me paranoid, but if I don't know you, why would you want to be friends with me? I tend to be a very private person most of the time. Also, I don't like it that MY information (name, etc) is out there available to all of THEIR friends.
    Anonymous

• It depends. Before I accept an invite I try to see where that particular person might know me from. For example, are we in any certain groups together? Did we reply in the same post? What do we have in common? If I send an invitation to someone I always make sure to include a little note stating this information or why I am inviting them. I very rarely will accept invites from people who use the generic "I think we have something in common" form and then don't say anything else unless I know ahead of time that they will be sending me an invite.
    Anonymous

• Nope, I just say no, except, there was one girl that I did not recognize at all. Thought I didn't know her but we had a lot of friends in common so I kept the friend request in case I could figure it out. Here we cheered together in high school. She didn't have her maiden name anywhere on her page and her hair was so different and she got rid of her glasses.
    Anonymous