Would you have a problem with......

I see quite a few African American groups on CM, how many people would be offended by a Caucasian Moms group? Is there a difference between the two?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I believe that last time there was a Caucasian Moms group, CM deleted it.

Anonymous

• No I would not be offended.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 11:46 PM on May. 18, 2010

• No there isn't.... I'm actually in a debate with CM right now on this matter! If you would join me in support by following this link
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/3663/forums/read/11441001/CAUCASIAN_MOMS_NOT_ALLOWED?next=1#replies
    this will take you to the CM discussion groups post I made.
    I feel there should be equality for ALL or none at all!
    Be blessed!
    SemperFiesty29

Answer by SemperFiesty29 at 11:47 PM on May. 18, 2010

• there was a big thing about this the other day - that a girl made a White Mommies group ( and said she wanted it for ppl to talk about things like, if you live in an all white neighborhood, or if you are the only white person in your neighborhood, etc) ...of course it was deleted and alot of things were said - basicaly calling her a racists

but I can not see why anyone would have a problem with it....
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:49 PM on May. 18, 2010

• I've wondered things like that too. Like, why does Disney Land ( a place of innocence) have a "gay pride day". Why sould sex be involved at all? And would there be one heck of a debate if we started a "straight pride day".
    Anonymous

• See - that's where I have a problem. I do not have any problem with a group for African American moms (or latino, or Indian, or whatever). Not at all. But assuming anon:46 is correct and a caucasian group was deleted - how is that right? Personally, I consider that to be racist! Would I join the group? Probably not. Simply because I don't identify who I am based on my race. But if you are white and want to start a group like that, why should it be deleted?? Unless CM deletes all the other groups as well......
    Anonymous

• I noticed this before myself
    Anonymous

• This has nothing to do with Gay or Straight. This is me wondering why there is allowed African American groups but not Caucasian groups. It seems that these days it is ok for people to have black pride but it is no longer ok for there to be white pride. it is ok to be proud to be black but if you say you are proud to be white, you are a racist. they want equality yet they arent willing for it to go both ways.
    Anonymous

• If anyone should have pride, then EVERYONE should have pride
    MsLouise

Answer by MsLouise at 11:59 PM on May. 18, 2010

• @ Anon posted at 1153pm.... there shouldn't be but ONE pride and that is AMERICAN Pride!!! Our troops fight for ALL rights of ALL our Nations ppl not ONE race being a color but the HUMAN RACE in our Nation!
    I am however proud to be just as I am!! I am part black, part white and two parts indian! Black hawk and Cherokee!
    SemperFiesty29

Answer by SemperFiesty29 at 11:59 PM on May. 18, 2010