Pre headstart

i am currently enrolling my son in pre head start. the reason i want to do this is because i want him to be smart and have a good future. But for some reason alot of people disapprove. All the kids in my family have not been put in school yet. ages 3-5. I thought it would be the right thing. He will be turning 3 just in time for school to start. Alot of people say there just nerves. Should i feel bad because i want him to go and im not scared or nervous . i just think it will be a very good experience. my niece is 4 years old and she has been in daycares ever since shes been born becasue her mom (my sister) has always worked in daycares. She is a very inteligent little girl! She is the only kid n my family that knows her solar system, her address, telephone number and also all the basics.

jennifer_oakley

Asked by jennifer_oakley at 11:57 PM on May. 18, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I dont think theres ever a thing as "too much education". As long as your child is exposed to new things, she will be learning and thats a good thing. Dont feel bad at all. And I think 3 is the perfect age to start pre school.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on May. 19, 2010

• I think it depends on the enviorment, I worked at a head start for a year and it definetly helped the children develop skills in many different areas. The instructors were amazing, and the few that werent were fired. Get to know the people that will be with your child, make sure you approve of them first.
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 12:30 AM on May. 19, 2010

• Pre-head-start? That sounds like "intro to pre-algebra"? What is head start for? Honestly, i wouldn't do it, but no one can make that decision for you. I personally feel like the best education a kid can have is one-on-one time with mom, nothing's superior to that. I grew up in a family of four kids, none of us had any "education" before homsechool 1st grade and we were all advanced. I don't think any education will make your kid "smart" that's something their born with. Sorry, I'm not trying to give you a bad time, I'm just saying have more confidence in what you can give your son yourself at home. If he has to go to daycare any way, I guess you might as well have him in school....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on May. 19, 2010

• I started my daughter in 1/2 day preschool when she was 2 - she loved it! It was really good for her, she made some good friends, had playdates at other people's houses, introduced her to school. It was a great experience and really helped ease her into school.

Answer by missanc at 8:09 AM on May. 19, 2010

• don't feel bad, my daughter is almost 3 and she's been going to all kinds of programs this last year. Its good for them to be exposed to as many things as possible.
    bella021

Answer by bella021 at 8:38 AM on May. 19, 2010