What are the worst neighbors you've ever had?

Sara.Robyson

Asked by Sara.Robyson at 12:01 AM on May. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It's not a neighbor, it's a nightclub. This place is loud obnoxious and trashy. The people cut through our yard. Have sex on our picnic table, leave beer bottles all over. There are constant fights out there and the police have to come chase everyone away at 3am. I can't wait to move away from this hell hole.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on May. 19, 2010

• i rented a 1 bdrm apt in a house and my upstairs neighbor used to lock herself out all the time and come and knock on my window to let her in, one time she just walked into my house because i didnt answer the door, she was always talking to me for hrs in the parking lot. she ended up being my friends aunts good friend .. i was young, 21 and she was in her late 30s.. so anyway one time me and my friend are leaving to go out to the bar and she wants to come with her friend, so we let her come, she ends up getting into a bar brawl with 2 other girls who were our age. she eventually got kicked out of the apt
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:09 AM on May. 19, 2010

• I used to live in an apartment that backed onto a nightclub as well. It was horrible. Not only was the bar crowd and the terrible music blasting a pain in the ass, the neighbors that lived directly above us were total morons.
    For fun they would bounce billiard balls on their floor. They were up til the wee hours of the morning yelling and being drunk out on the fire escape and whenever anyone came to visit them they would just stand outside our living room window yelling the guy's name over and over and over again until he came down and let them in.
    I almost murdered him when I was pregnant and ridiculously hormonal.
    We moved instead...probably a better choice.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 12:15 AM on May. 19, 2010

• my sister did!she was probably in her early 50's, and hated kids!! couple summers ago i was staying at my sis's house for a week, while her and her dh went on vacation,i was babysitting her 2 kids(4 and 6), plus my dd-3..so they were all out in the backyard playing, being kids!!! and she yells at me to tell my kids to shut the f up, so i told her to..and then she called me a fat bitch, and i said like youre one to talk, then she started yelling at the kids to shut up, and i got all mad saying you dont talk to my kids that way, and then she went inside, got her vaccuum cleaner, plugged it in, and just let it run outside, making noise!! soo not impressed!!! and then later that day in the front yard theres bushes that are about 5 feet high between the two yards, well she went to trim them, but she only did her side..so her side ended up being 3 feet..but she left my side at 5 feet..had no benefit for her, she was just a bitch
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:21 AM on May. 19, 2010

• Growing up I lived in the same house from the time I was a year old until I got married at 24 (my mom still lives there). We rented a place on our landlord's property, so they were our neighbors! The husband rented places illegally and his wife hated all the tenants. She would spy on us kids and pop out from behind a tree every time we did something she didn't like (which was VERY often!) She had NASTY little dog named "Arfy" that bit people. She chewed us out ALL the time! LOL! Even her kids chewed us out. As time passed, the strife got more interesting. They accused us of breeding a special kind of rat that overran the place. LOL! They told us to move when my brother put a penis on their "beware of dog" sign. He apologized and we got to stay. Their goats live outside my moms window. They decided her garden aught to be goat pasture. Now their grandkids spy on my mom! I could go on and on! LOL!!!!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:30 AM on May. 19, 2010

• we use to live next to a meth house. they cooked and sold out of the house. it was awful
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:40 AM on May. 19, 2010

• We had a neighbor call CPS on us because we wouldn't let his kids play in our back yard after school. They were afraid of their dog, and the lady we bought the house from would let them come play, but I refused to, since it was too much of a liability. The awesome thing is, CPS ended up investigating HIM because it turned out, he was locking the kids outside after school and not letting them in the house!! They were 12, 8, 6, 4, and 18 months! Yes, he even locked the baby out! All so he could sleep. The kids got taken away, his wife divorced him, and he ended up getting deported!! I stood in our yard and laughed as the police led him away.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 12:50 AM on May. 19, 2010

• When I was a teenager, the neighbors next door to my parents' house were insane. Always drunk, yelling , fighting. It was a couple and two young kids. One night at like 3AM, I awoke to police cars next door. So of course I peeked out my window. The woman was yelling that he locked her out, he was in there in a rage, with the kids inside. He had just thrown the computer down the stairs. Cops busted in and hauled him off to jail~in just his underwear. What a nasty sight that was...guess that's what I get for being nosey and looking out my window!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on May. 19, 2010

• Nothing too crazy here, but we live in an end unit condo, so we have the biggest yard space, and kids are always over here. Unsupervised kids, all day long in summer. Kids use ds's toys without permission, bounce balls on our house, etc. My next door neighbor used to have a live in bf, who would let his dogs poop all over and not clean it up. I actually caught that guy's teenage son taking his dog onto my patio to poop. WTH.
    JonesMama

Answer by JonesMama at 1:07 AM on May. 19, 2010

• When my husband and I moved in to our first apartment, our neighbors ended up being 3 guys from the same college we went to. One was super weirdo creepy who was kind of stalkerish to me and a friend of mine two years before. It was awkward to say the least, especially considering the odd conversations we had had when I was unable to hide in time to avoid them. We accidentally got some of their mail, from Blockbuster, that their videos were late (could read through the envelope, yes I'm nosy) and they were porn. Plus, they watched loud cartoons at really odd hours. What a bunch of weirdos. I was so glad to move.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:22 AM on May. 19, 2010