How do I go about reporting this to Health and Welfare?

My husband and I currently receive Food Stamps and our 2 Daughters are on Medicaid. Husband just switched to graveyard shift which means a $1.25 pay increase, and I just started a part time job today. How/When do I report this? Do I just go down to the office after we get our first new paychecks, do I wait a month so they can see what we will make a month, What do I do? Has anyone else done this before? We are in Idaho BTW.

SweetPea05

Asked by SweetPea05 at 12:01 AM on May. 19, 2010 in Money & Work

• We were told to call and talk to our case worker within 10 days of any changes. I am in PA though, don't know if the rules are different.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on May. 19, 2010

• Ok, Yikes I am not even sure if we had a "Caseworker". Ok within ten days... Thank you!
    If anyone else knows anything, let me know! All they told me is they would send me a recertification packet in 6 months.....
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 12:07 AM on May. 19, 2010

• In TX you have to report changes within 10 days. They have a number to call here. Call your local office and ask how to report your changes.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 12:12 AM on May. 19, 2010

• You can call or just go down to the office. They usually have a form to fill out for changes. I would do it soon, even without the new pay stubs. They will look everything over and if they need anything else thay will let you know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on May. 19, 2010

• Ok, I will just head down after work tomorrow. I just did NOT want to get into trouble for not reporting it ya know?
    Thanks... I just didn't know if I needed documentation of paystubs and stuff before I went like you do when you apply.
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 12:19 AM on May. 19, 2010

• In Iowa you have to call and report within 10 days. They changed it though, instead of calling the caseworker there's an 800 number to call directly to the state to report it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on May. 19, 2010

• I looked it up online and you can copy this form and mail it in or you can call your local office http://healthandwelfare.idaho.gov/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=vthuQwCbWeg%3D&tabid=59&mid=801
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 12:48 AM on May. 19, 2010

• In FL you can go online and do it but yeah, it's within 10 days.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on May. 19, 2010