How did you deal with baby fever?!?

So over the past week or so I have been REALLY thinking about TTC. My DS is almost 8 months old. We just moved to a house with 3 bed, 2 bath so having that spare bedroom is just tempting me!! DH thinks we should wait for a little while, but I don't want to wait too terribly long...Any advice on how to deal with this??

Mom2Coop

Asked by Mom2Coop at 12:34 AM on May. 19, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I would stop preventitive measures and just have fun. then once more serious really get it on all the time til you get prego! i want a baby so bad and i have been trying for years! be blessed and get pregnant!
    junebug6183

Answer by junebug6183 at 3:02 AM on May. 21, 2010

• More dirty diapers, less sleep, more money. two toddlers at the same time, really I could go on forever! Just think about the responsibilities and not the joys:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on May. 19, 2010

• Have a friend's toddler spend 24 hours with you...

Answer by rkoloms at 5:32 AM on May. 19, 2010

• When my daughter was 9 months old...I started wanting another baby SOOO bad. How did I deal with it? Well, when she was 11 months old...I got pregnant again haha...now I've got a 2.5yr old and an 11 month old. =) That's how I dealt with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:16 AM on May. 19, 2010

• To all you ney sayers (sp?) lol...anyway, to all you PP that say it's a bad idea...and that it's more work....SO not true. Having two kids who are still in diapers....is awesome. My daughter was 20 months old when her little brother was born...and she helps out a lot...she loves her little brother. I think it's a good idea to have your kids be close in age...lots of people are like...I'll wait til my kid is out of diapers, and can do more things on their own before I have another baby...but then it's like...right when you get one our of diapers, and more independent, you have another one who needs all your attention. I think it's easier to have two litlte ones...it's MUCH more fun with two...and there is NEVER a dull moment. If you want another baby and your husband wants to wait...then just wait a little longer. It can't hurt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on May. 19, 2010

• For me I got pregnant again but i waited a little over 2 yrs before i got pregnant so now my oldest will be turning 3 and i will be expecting my second in sept. i think a 3 yr seperation between the kiddos is good so that the oldest will be potty trained or nearly potty trained. So basically give it time before you have another really think about it before making a decision.
    MrsV.

Answer by MrsV. at 8:32 AM on May. 19, 2010

• My girls are 11 months APART. I loved it. It was rough but, when the younger one started moving around they were able to play together. Now they are 4 and 5 and are the best of friends.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:00 AM on May. 19, 2010

• Listen to your husband!!
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:21 AM on May. 19, 2010

• I am having that issue now!! My son is 3 and my DH and I are so ready for another one. But wih our finances the way they are and the fact that I am overweight and trying to lose weight hanging over our heads we are trying to wait until January to start TTC. We want to be able to provide well for both our kids (hubby just got a new job that is looking very promising) and I want to be able to have a healthy baby without putting myself in danger due to my weight (not to mention I want to look cute pregnant and not fat pregnant, if that makes sense). So maybe think of reasons why you shouldn't have one right now and keep repeating them to yourself.
    Newtons06

Answer by Newtons06 at 12:59 AM on May. 20, 2010

• Thanks mommas!! Your advice really helped. I'm watching my BIL's newborn tomorrow so we'll see how everyone reacts. You all are awesome!! =)
    Mom2Coop

Answer by Mom2Coop at 11:07 PM on May. 22, 2010