When your kid is playing in a large group of children do you just keep up with your child or all of them? Not like at the park, but in a family setting.

My son has a lot of cousins. 7 boys from ages 3-9. They play together 3 nights a week. When us moms are sitting around Iget nervous because my son is the youngest. Also I don't feel like the kids get enough parental attention so I tend to watch them all. I count them to keep up with them. If I know there is 7 that night (it occasionally varies) then If I could and only count 5, then I figure out who's missing and where they are. Well it makes me anixous and worried and I have a hard time relaxing.

So my question is, should I quit trying to keep up with all the kids and just keep up with mine or continue freaking out when I can find one and he's normally just behind a tree or something?

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 12:48 AM on May. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I do the same thing, count them all, but I count mine first.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:19 AM on May. 19, 2010

• I mainly focus on my kids and if I see them doing stuff or need assistance I help of course.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on May. 19, 2010

• I keep an eye on all of them. Neighbor kids, too, or even at the park.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on May. 19, 2010

• Does not sound like a happy get together if you are constantly counting your siblings kids, I would be dizzy trying to keep them all in visual focus. Unless the kids are taking your kid and hiding him out somewhere where you cant see him, focus on your kid, and ask your siblings to keep an eye on their kids. So simple really once we let go of all that control we think we are in charge of.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on May. 19, 2010

• personally I just watch my own, unless a Momma has asked me to do otherwise

by watching my own I am KIND OF watching the others, too..... but only because my son is timid and wont defend himself. I make sure he isn't being mistreated, bullied, etc. I'd perform CPR, first aid, etc if another child needed help and the parent didn't come running of course.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:08 AM on May. 19, 2010