TMI...hemerroids?

i went a perfect pregnancy without hemerroids, and in my 9th month i got 2. i had a c-section but pushed for 2 hours before that. im wondering if that made them worse. well my son is 4 months old now, and i still have one. and it only gets inflammed after a real bad bowel movement. im wondering if it will ever go away on its own. and how long does it usually take for that to happen? ive been using charmin wet wipes since the birth and those really help, but im wondering if my (lack of a better word) butt will ever be the same again.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on May. 19, 2010 in Health

• I never had them in pregnancy, but noticed one after DS was born, so yeah, I think pushing probably does make them worse. It lasted a few months. I used tucks for my tear, but they are actually for hemorrhoids, so maybe you could try them. They're little wet pads you put in between your "cheeks" that have a soothing ointment on them. DS is 8 months now, and I haven't noticed them for a long time, at least 3 months if not more. Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:57 AM on May. 19, 2010

• pushing makes them worse for sure. sitz baths help. and you may look at the pharmacy and see what they have.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:02 AM on May. 19, 2010

• i used tucks ointment, but i have a bad habit of remembering things like that. will the ointment actually work tho if i use it continuously?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on May. 19, 2010