For you mothers with infants that sleep in their crib. .

This is more of a statement, but I major in Early Childhood education, and I wanted to share a little information with you,
When placing your infant to bed [or nap) in their crib, OF COURSE dont use fluffy bedding or stuffed animals, but when putting them in their crib, DONT put them at the head of the crib, lay their head in the middle of the crib and have their feet close to the foot of the crib, its proven to reduce suffocation, and its just safer in general, and I mean what Mother doesnt want their children to be safe! But anyways, if you have any questions, or would like some more advice PM me , I love to help :)

colbysmommie95

Asked by colbysmommie95 at 1:28 AM on May. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• thanks. i also heard to place them in different spots of the crib every now and then because their heavy head in the same spot will wear the mattress and give them neck problems. true?
    sstokes86

Answer by sstokes86 at 1:32 AM on May. 19, 2010

• I have a question to you. How do I get myself to sleep separately from my 2 year old and 1 year old? Right now we all sleep together and maybe they would like to sleep in their crib and toddler bed (which we do have) but me and my husband can not sleep without them. We tried a few times and woke up all sweaty and terrified in the middle of the night. We need to be next to them, feel their smell, listen to their breaths. That's when we sleep really well. But they wake up and try to move away from us. They also hate to be covered.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on May. 19, 2010

• OP

Your welcome sstoke86, and Ive never heard this, although I do know that some babies cannont sleep with head support so using boppy pillows have been recommended, but I wouldnt use them too much because they can cause neck problems.

And for anon :34 I have this problem with my son, hes almost 2. IM the one with the seperation aniexty LOL but I put his toddler bed in our room, and Ill sit next to his bed until he falls asleep. Our beds are about 3 ft away :)
    colbysmommie95

Answer by colbysmommie95 at 1:56 AM on May. 19, 2010

• The toddler bed and the crib are in our room, glued to the side of our bed. Still can't put them there. It's too far.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on May. 19, 2010

• too far for you anon, or for the babies?
    sstokes86

Answer by sstokes86 at 2:01 AM on May. 19, 2010

• OP Aw , Well I mean I think its great that you guys absolutely LOVE your children and cannot stand being apart, but your children need their independence, and especially developing toddlers, they still need to depend on you, BUT they also need to develop their independence . If not, they will rely on you for everything, and although they will always need you, they need to learn, and explore, and learn through experience, and they wont be able to do this glued to you guys lol
    colbysmommie95

Answer by colbysmommie95 at 2:02 AM on May. 19, 2010

• It doesn't matter WHERE in the crib I lay my son down...he always puts his head up agains the corner of the cirb. Like pressed up against it so hard that he has indents in his head in the morning lol....even if I go in there 20 times a night and move him back into the middle of the crib, he just goes right back. He's 11 months now, but he's been doing this since he was like 4 months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:14 AM on May. 19, 2010