Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you call this depression?

sometimes (usually at night like right now) I get really overly lonely, like my husband and child are in the room with me but I still feel so alone. it gets to the point where I think of suicide (not plan it or anything, kind of like suggest it to myself)
should I get help for this or will it get better with time?
is it situational depression or chronic?


Asked by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on May. 19, 2010 in Health

This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • there is no shame in asking for help, and yes this is depression. now is it situational? well is there something recently that happened? or some situation bothering you from the past? thats what situational is. Major depressive disorder is depression thats ongoing (chronic) or comes out of the blue and is normally a chemical imbalance int hee brain. there are so many amazing meds out for depression, they are like miracles. good luck and please do a sk for help because even "suggesting" suicide to yourself...well that means its already bad sweetie. take care.

    Answer by Bearsjen at 2:23 AM on May. 19, 2010

  • I don't know how old your child is, it could be post partum depression. Why are you on the computer right now? Do you not like their company? It is late. My SO is out of town and my kids are asleep.

    I would see my doctor and talk to him first. He can help you with medication or refer you to a counselor. Good luck to you.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on May. 19, 2010

  • Never wait when you have feelings like this. There is a chance that they could get better with time, but there's also a chance that they'll get worse and then it will be too late.

    There is no shame in asking for help.

    Answer by Laila-May at 2:08 AM on May. 19, 2010

  • You need to go see your doctor right away. People get depressed and have nothing in life to be depress about so this is normal and there may be some underlining things going on in you this will pass but right now you need to make the first step and call your doctors office right away.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on May. 19, 2010