Why does my dish washer smell like A*s?!?

For some reason our dishwasher totally smells BAD!!! just started today.
we loaded the dishes washed em and they smell like butt and so does the whole dishwasher why is this and how can i make the smell go away?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:11 AM on May. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Is there any food stuck in there that's rotting?
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:12 AM on May. 19, 2010

• no i looked, cleaned it with bleach baking soda ran a cycle.. nothing. cups smell so bad too. we rent and i read online that it may have something to do with a pipe that isnt installed correctly that it makes it lay flat and water sits there and can get old and smelly.

ill call my landlord tomorrow. but i feel like the smellis STUCK in my nostrils lol
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:32 AM on May. 19, 2010

• my dish washer is hooked up to my sink and i have had the problems also...try getting some lemon balls from walmart..they are for dish drainers and that made the smell go away...good luck
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 5:06 AM on May. 19, 2010

• idk but i saw on the news the other morning if you run your dish washer with some lemonaide in it instead of soap it will clean it out. So if you have some country time lemonaide mix just put it where the soap would go and run that through to see if it helps. good luck
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:37 AM on May. 19, 2010

• I was going to suggest what Shay said. I haven't tried it myself, but heard that it works. My dishwasher smells fine, for now.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:13 AM on May. 19, 2010

• clog in the pipes, rotting food, stale water, smells backing up from your pipes. Once a week I run a cycle of bleach through mine. Keeps smells at bay.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:43 AM on May. 19, 2010

• Pour a about a cup of baking soda in the dishwasher and run a regular cycle without dishes, and the smell should go away. Unless there is a butt in there......ugh.....hehe.smells like butt???
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:54 AM on May. 19, 2010

• sorry....I see you already tried the baking soda.....
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:55 AM on May. 19, 2010