Any idea's for a diaper rash?

my 1 month old has already taken her thrush meds. & she still has a diaper rash any idea's on what I can do I've tried everything alveno, desitin & baby powder. I also used warm wash clothes instead of baby wipes. And I let her stuff air.

nikkimia

Asked by nikkimia at 3:04 AM on May. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Vaseline.
    lendales_mommi

Answer by lendales_mommi at 3:04 AM on May. 19, 2010

• we swore by "butt paste"..... it's the only thing (other than baths and air) that helped my son
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:05 AM on May. 19, 2010

• Butt paste worked great for my DD. You can also let the air to it as much as possible.
    GL and I hope your LO's butt is back to normal soon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on May. 19, 2010

• I had problems with diaper rash when mine had to be put on antibiotics and what worked the best for both my son and daughter was the 7 day yeast infection cream and then plain cornstarch. Diaper rash is a yeast infection and this was something I learned through their doc. The prescription that the doc gives for diaper rash is yeast infection cream-just more expensive. Once the diaper rash is clear then I would keep the bottom coated with the plain old zink oxide diaper rash ointment and plain cornstarch for the duration of the time they were on antibiotics plus a couple of days after because it stays in their system.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:30 AM on May. 19, 2010

• Oh and my grandmother had an old remedy for the thrush too-gentian voilet. You can ask your pharmacist to order it for you if they don't have it in stock. It's packaged in bottles that look like iodine. When you get it you take a cotton swab and dab it in then coate the mouth with it. It is very purple and will stain clothing BUT it works in one use.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:38 AM on May. 19, 2010

• Try a+d..... and dont use wipes it only burns their behinds... rinse it off with luke warm water. and like you are doing air dry often like a few times in the day time just let her sit without a diaper for about 15 min at a time. buttpase didnt work for my dd bad rash she had it wasnt thick enough to stop the pee or poo from touching her skin. a+d is thick and use a LOT of it. i did this and my daughters was bad bleeding rised up etc... when i did this it was gone in about 2 days.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:51 AM on May. 19, 2010

• My oldest daughter use to get really bad diaper rash when she was a baby. I use to cry just knowing that changing her would bring her pain. Finally I asked my grandmother what to do because nothing was seeming to work. Not even the medicated cream from the doctors. My grandma said use corn startch. And believe me within a few hours I really could tell the difference. A major cause of diaper rash is dampness on the baby's skin. The cornstarch pulls all that moisure away... Also you might want to check out the type of diapers you are using... Your baby night have an alergy to the perfumes or chemicals they use in different diapers.... These helped me a lot. I hope it helps you as well. Good luck and I hope your baby gets better soon.
    jenshelton09

Answer by jenshelton09 at 4:16 AM on May. 19, 2010

• Because she has thrush she most likely has a yeast rash, and you have to have a prescription cream to help that. You could always try plain yogurt on her bottom though.
    tanya_marieh

Answer by tanya_marieh at 5:56 AM on May. 19, 2010

• If you've already ruled out that it's a yeast infection, aquaphor as as a barrier and plain soap and water at diaper changes (wipes can leave a film and be irritating). If it's a yeast infection see if your pediatrician will prescribe Vusion or give you a sample. That stuff works like magic!
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 6:48 AM on May. 19, 2010

• My DD doesn't get "regular" diaper rash, she gets a yeast infection every so often. We have to put Nystatin cream on her like butt cream. Talk to your Ped if it doesn't clear up, you might have to go that way. Good luck!
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 7:34 AM on May. 19, 2010