does anyone have a fetal doppler they dont use anymore?

just wondering bc i was told tht this would be my only child and that we got super lucky!!! i would love to monitor the baby whenever i please
not looking for anything fancy just one of the little at home ones...
but im not gonna pay $259 + i mean lets face it me and the hubby are preparing for a baby!!!!! dnt have tht kinda money! anyone please?
or any suggestions.....

newmom2011

Asked by newmom2011 at 3:15 AM on May. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• don't buy one, what a waste, yuck! On something you'll likely never use again. (unless u have more kids!) I waited til I was about 5 months along and then RENTED one for like $20 a month. Seriously! Then I sent it back after I had my kiddo. This is the company we used, I highly reccomend them. Gel is included in the price. http://www.heartbeatsathome.com/
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:21 AM on May. 19, 2010

• I bought one, but it was a complete waste of money, I got rid of it. Unless you spend hella money to buy the professional kind they use in the dr's office, don't waste your money or time.. The only thing you will be able to find with it is your own heart beat.
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 3:26 AM on May. 19, 2010

• I bought one on ebay for $100 and I loved it! I am not selling mine cause we are planning more kids but just wanted to tell you to look on ebay or rent one!
    mom2wy

Answer by mom2wy at 10:04 AM on May. 19, 2010