why do people use the dumbest things to make themselves seem smart and otheres inferior?

i know why. just wondering your thoughts. people are so dumb. are people really that insecure they have to prove that they are smarter and better than others? thats not helping people when you comment something that you think makes them feels stupid and insult other peoples answers

sstokes86

Asked by sstokes86 at 3:36 AM on May. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It's the way the world is knowa days. Everyone thinks that there better then there next. That's why I stay to myself and have very few friends. My family are the ones that I stick close to cause the rest of the world you never know about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 AM on May. 19, 2010

• Your guess is as good as mine i try to play nice on here .LOL besides I could never act like some of these women hiding behind their computers...some of the things they say...I am like "why ...did you even waste your time posting that" when someone is rude or just doesn't need to answer the question or answers the question for no reason just to say..I hate that or that is not good or never I hate that word.
    lendales_mommi

Answer by lendales_mommi at 3:43 AM on May. 19, 2010

• I suspect they are insecure. Or they are feeling inferior. So they think they can put other people down and then they will feel better about themselves. Sometimes also, they may be trolls. I have a strong feeling that some of the rude and mean answers are not by moms interested in CM at all but are college or high school boys, possibly girls, who are just here messing around. I don't understand the fun in that, but I've heard of people doing it, then they laugh when the real moms on here get hurt or flustered.

Answer by Bmat at 7:20 AM on May. 19, 2010

• They're building themselves up by taring others down. They feel bigger when they can make someone else feel small. Not everyone is like that. I feel the opposite way, when I hurt someone's feelings unnecessarily it makes me feel very very small. It's pretty easy for me to recognize when I'm being petty, but sometimes it's hard to turn it off.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:39 AM on May. 19, 2010

• pot meet kettle.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:10 AM on May. 19, 2010

• I always try to humble myself by reminding myself now and again that I'm not perfect. There is always going to be someone better than me at something, prettier than me, nicer than me...whatever. All I can do is try to be the best Sabrina I can be and that should be good enough. I also try to remember to treat others the way that I would like to be treated. It's obvious that there are some women on this site that don't think about this stuff lol. I just let it go in 1 ear and out the other. Calling someone stupid or whatever doesn't make you (not you personally, you in general) look good or better than everyone else, it makes you look ignorant, uneducated, and rude.

-xoxo-

Answer by -xoxo- at 8:34 AM on May. 19, 2010

• Well, I do think there is a difference between being genuinely educated about something and sharing your knowledge ...and making sweeping judgments that sound like you "know something". I'd say many many many times, people are just being judgmental and trying to sound like they know what they are talking about, perhaps because they are insecure...or just arrogant.
    In the end, if a person is secure in themselves, you can tell them when they are wrong (politely and without ego) and they should be able to correct themselves without ego.
    This does not happen often LOL
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 8:51 AM on May. 19, 2010

• Of course calling people dumb and insecure isn't insulting in the slightest. If you want to make cafemom friendlier and nicer then perhaps you should start by not issuing general insults to the population.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 8:54 AM on May. 19, 2010

• "Of course calling people dumb and insecure isn't insulting in the slightest. If you want to make cafemom friendlier and nicer then perhaps you should start by not issuing general insults to the population"

Agreed.
    Rayray1976

Answer by Rayray1976 at 8:57 AM on May. 19, 2010

• no one can make another feel inferior. only you can allow someone to make you feel inferior
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on May. 19, 2010