how much food and milk a day

my son is 15 months old.. i was wanting to know how much on average should he be eating solid foods a day. and also how much milk a day. he is still on the bottle. and he does eat grown up food. he doesnt like baby food much anymore. someone please help me

firstimemomm603

Asked by firstimemomm603 at 5:03 AM on May. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• When you are feeding him remember that he is smaller than you. Give him small amounts of food. if you are having speghetii don't pile his plate high put about as much as his fist on the plate. Then if he wants more give him about the same amount. If a child is overwhelmed by the amount they are given they may not eat. You can go to http://www.mypyramid.gov/preschoolers/index.html and it will help you with if he is getting enough of what he needs. I will tell you though that as long as he is eatting that he is fine. I have seen people live on very little and become fine adults.
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 7:40 AM on May. 19, 2010

• By age two, he should be eating what the family eats and drinking water.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:25 AM on May. 19, 2010

• The experts say no more than 8oz of milk a day, because any more than that will prevent iron from being absorbed properly. When my son was that old, I would offer him various snacks throughout the day, like every couple of hours, and he would eat what he wanted. He also ate for breakfast: a banana and waffle. Lunch was normally some kind of sandwich, or fishsticks or something, then dinner, he ate whatever we did.
    mrs3stan

Answer by mrs3stan at 6:43 AM on May. 19, 2010

• A 15 month old should be off the bottle and off baby food. He needs 3 balanced meals a day with a healthy snack between each meal. He needs to drink 2 cups of milk a day if he isn't getting enough calcium through other sources. My pediatrician recommends toddlers drink milk AFTER meals otherwise they will get full off of the milk and not get enough nutrician from their food.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:00 AM on May. 19, 2010