Does anyone know of a way i can get a transcript of everything my daughter says on facebook chat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:21 AM on May. 19, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I'm not sure but there is a question and answer on the site that may help. Also check the privacy setting on her account. If nothing else you can track the log ins.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:31 AM on May. 19, 2010

• From Facebook Help Center: You can view recent conversation history by opening a chat window with your friend. At this time, you cannot view older conversations or conversations with friends who are not currently online.  I do NOT have a facebook account, but I found this answer by doing a GOOGLE SEARCH!

SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 7:50 AM on May. 19, 2010

• Check out www.youropenbook.org Also, if you want to check up on other web activity, check out www.brandyourself.com and www.webmii.com
    GL! I know I will be checking up on my DD when she is old enough ;-)
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 10:52 AM on May. 19, 2010

• i have been researching this lately, my teen is getting out of control and i need to rein her in. I am purchasing Net Nanny tonight! it came highly recomended and the price seems very reasonable for me as a single mom. Now if i could find an affordable phone monitoring system that doesnt require me to get her a smart phone :)
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 12:39 PM on May. 19, 2010

• You could install a keylogger on your computer and every single things she types on the computer will be saved in a file. I wouldn't recommend such an invasion of privacy, but that's up to you.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:51 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I see a definite lack of trust here. Keep your daughters home after school and only let her see the opposite sex in groups at your home so you can keep an eye on her. That's the only way to raise your kids. WHen they have too much freedom...going around town with friends in cars instead of coming home after school and car dating in high school, as examples, ALL are too risky. Make her like staying home with the family so she won't be trying to wander. THEN you won't have to spy on their Facebook Chats.
    Anonymous

• Anon :00, its not the running around around town that is the major source of children exposing themselves and meeting strangers these days.... Its the Internet. Its what young people do behind closed doors while sitting at their computer that needs to be monitored. Its such a common story to hear about young girls meeting older men or pedophiles in a chat room, then agreeing to skip school to meet up at a park or something. As a parent, you can never be too cautious, and just as I would want to know where my DD was going, with whom, and for how long, I would also want to know who she was corresponding with on the computer.

kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 3:48 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I agree kenzie07 its easier to say or do things online of via texting then to actually be like that in person, so many kids are doing things online they would never do in real life. I started monitoring my daughter because of a fight she had with some of her "good" friends and i wasnt sure what the heck was going on. The changes i saw in my child as i though were cuz she was just going thru the womenly changes, her friends also saw changes and were not accepting how she was acting. After monitoring her - come to found out one of her friends was going to school high, and there are pictures going around of her giving some guy a bj! these are 13 year old girls! I can now make sure that my daughter is not allowed to go out with this girl, or stay at her house and keep my own daughter safe.
    roxyann76

Answer by roxyann76 at 11:39 AM on May. 21, 2010