Opinion on my son's sleeping habits

It seems like my 1 year old sleeps SO much. I'm not complaining, if he needs it then he needs it. But I just wanted to see what you all thought. He goes to bed at about 7:30 every night and wakes up anywhere from 7:30-8 each morning. Then he naps everyday from about 1:30-3:30. So.. if you total that up, he's really only awake for about 8-8.5 hours a day. Does this seem like alot to you? Keep in mind that all the times he goes down to bed or a nap are not forced upon him. It's like clockwork. If he isn't laid in bed he will fall asleep on the floor or on the couch. I've tried keeping him up longer and cutting his naps short but he is just insanely fussy and falls back asleep. He has been in this routine since he was about 9 months old.

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 8:10 AM on May. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• Thats how much my 2yr old sleeps, and how much she did sleep at that age. She also goes to bed at 7:30 and will wake up between 8-8:30 on her own, but mostly I will wake her up at 6am....and she takes a nap from 1-3. She'd probably sleep til 4, but I wake her up after two hours.

Here's a chart that shows just about how much your child sleeps from any age between1 month to 3 years. I don't know how to make a clickable link, but here it is: http://www.babycenter.com/0_how-much-sleep-does-your-child-need_7645.bc
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on May. 19, 2010

• That's about how much my 18 month old son sleeps. As long as he's healthy and happy I have no concerns! His dr asked about his sleeping when I went and all she said was "wow, he's a good sleeper". But all of my kids have slept on roughly that same schedule and my older ones are happy, healthy, smart 8, 10, and 12 year olds.

Answer by missanc at 8:12 AM on May. 19, 2010

• Great, thanks! The chart is neat. Looks like he fits right in there. My 3 year old on the other hand... lol
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:12 AM on May. 19, 2010

• Both my kids slept like that at your sons age
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:18 AM on May. 19, 2010