What should a 2 1/2 year old know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on May. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• basic colors, shapes, ABC's, how to count to 10, body parts
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on May. 19, 2010

• My son is 2 and 4 months. He can count to 6 consistently, sometimes 8. He knows random letters of the alphabet and is generally acquainted with different letters and their sounds, as well as basic colors (like red, blue, green, orange, pink, purple, yellow, and so on). He knows all major body parts. He recognizes and imitates pretty much any well-known animal. He speaks in sentences....

I think my son is very typical of a two year old. I think at least being aware of all those things is what most parents expect in a two year old, although even then if they DON'T know those things, it doesn't mean they are behind.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 12:43 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Every single child is different. Theres no specific rubric for what an age range should or should not know. If you want an "average" list or chart ask your childs pediatrician, or look it up on babycenter.com
    LovableNeurotic

Answer by LovableNeurotic at 4:53 PM on May. 19, 2010