Who used depo or is currently using the depo?(kinda long)

Ok I was wondering if anyone was using the depo shot as their form of birth control, if so how do you like it? how long did u bleed for? and my most important question I HAVE to ask is do you know anyone who got pregnant on the depo shot? I always wonder about it because it's My fiance's and mine only form of protection. we hyave one baby already and he just turned 5 months and we would love to have another just not yet. We were hoping to start trying again in spetember when my June depo has ended (since the shot last 3 months at a time) well im kinda worried now I could be pregnant again and although my fiance and I can have another baby financially and all, its not the right time. PlUS we want our 5 month old to have a baby life without having to be the big brother, thats why we picked to try again in september. It would make our son about 18 months old if i got preg right away! any comments ladies please share!!!! Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on May. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• depo sucks. i never bled while i took it. my last shot was june 09 and i havent had another one since and i still have not had a period. We want to have another baby but its kinda hard when you arent ovulating. I have to go to the doctor june 1st so they can do blood work to see whats going on. She told me depo can take 9 months to get out of your system and its been way longer than that for me so idk...good luck to you though.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:25 AM on May. 19, 2010

• i took depo after birth of DD for 1yr I think (shes 3.5 now so its hard to remember)... I was also nursing so I dont know if my lack of periods were from the depo/ nursing/ both...
    I decided to get off depo. It just scared me & I didnt feel comfortable taking it. I was worried after taking it I may never be able to have kids again & I couldnt tell if depo was hindering my weight loss... It seemed like a mystery, was I tired b/c of depo? was I depressed because of depo?
    I read up on depo & just read alot of bad stories so i got off.. ive been off of all bcontrol for about 2yrs.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:56 AM on May. 19, 2010

• Yea choose another bc method if you wanna get pregnant so quick again, the effects linger much longer cuz of the shot. I was on it for about 10 years, never had any break thru bleeding, or any period. I stopped taking depo cuz it gave me ovarian cysts that now pop everytime I do have my period, lemme tell ya how much fun that is... I personally don't know anyone who got pregnant on depo, I do know of someone who was pregnant when they got put on depo & they were only one day pregnant. Well she miscarried 1 1/2 mo later so if you are pregnant the depo will (most likely) miscarry the baby.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:00 AM on May. 19, 2010

• I loved it. No period while on it, went right back to normal after, got pregnant very easily and very soon after, no side effects while on it (no weight gain, no breakouts, nothing). I know more gals who used it and loved it. I don't know anyone who got pregnant on it. None of the gals I know had any issues at all because of it. If I didn't have my tubes tied I'd be on it now, I loved it that much.
    Anonymous

• THANKS GUYS! no ive been on depo since December when i had my son, this has been the first and only protection my fiance and i used since we wanted to try and have a baby and then didnt know what to use afterwards. This girl the other day was telling me she got pregnant on depo and i was shocked so i wanted to see how many others did too! i hope i get the luck of getting pregnant when i want after taking the depo, but im just thankful i have my 5 month old right now! i guess when i go into work tomorrow ill ask my OB more info about the depo. I dont want it to make me take so long to get pregnant again =[ well again thank u guys for ur suggestions!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on May. 20, 2010