how much milk should a 2 and half year old be drinking a day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on May. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• they should have around 20/24 ounces of dairy a day so you have to inlcude all milk, cheese, yogurt in that
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on May. 19, 2010

• At least two 8oz cups.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 8:46 AM on May. 19, 2010

• well, my son is 28 mos, loves cheese and has cows milk at night and breast milk throughout the day...so I'd say he's fine.

If your child eats dairy regularly...then he's probably getting plenty. No need to tally ounces in my opinion.
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 8:53 AM on May. 19, 2010

• Drinking milk isn't necessary as long as you're providing a balanced diet. They can get calcium from cheese, yogurt, broccoli, baked beans, red kidney beans, French style green beans, almonds, brazil nuts, sesame seeds, salmon, bread, rice, apricots, figs, and oranges.

If your toddler is a girl, then you may want to add a calcium supplement. My DD takes the gummy bear calcium supplement. Females build all the bone mass they will in a life time by the age of 21 and you can never build more bone again. Calcium, Vitamin D, and exercise are all equally important when it comes to building bone mass.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 8:57 AM on May. 19, 2010

• My pediatrician told me 16 to 24 ozs but as others mention, if your child doesn't drink much milk but has other dairy products, you're fine. If your child happens to be a big milk drinker (as mine is), I woudlnt' worry unless you go significantly over this amount every day. Your best bet with toddlers is to look over the course of the week rather than on a daily basis. If your child's diet is basically balanced over the course fo the week, you're doing well.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 11:10 AM on May. 19, 2010

• Depends how much other dairy they're taking in. If there's no cheese, no yogurt, etc, then 24oz. If there's a lot of cheese & yogurt being eaten, then none. 3 servings a day is what's needed - a serving of milk is 8oz, cheese is 1 or 2oz, yogurt is 6-8oz.
    Anonymous

• None. Past the age of two, the only beverage humans needs is water.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:00 PM on May. 19, 2010