Looking for sub for tylenol since the recall..?

I heard there is a recall on tylenol and it isnt available on the shelves...what alternative for pain relief this there for a pregnant woman? I suffer from occasional migraines and am lost w/ tylenol!

jess.bancroft

Asked by jess.bancroft at 9:04 AM on May. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i didn't know that it was the adult stuff I thought it was children and infant tylenol?
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:07 AM on May. 19, 2010

• Just so you know only the Tylenol Brand was recalled. Any of the store brand and/or generic acetominaphen is fine.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:10 AM on May. 19, 2010

• Tylenol was not recalled, only childrens. And it was the BRAND name tylenol, so any store brand will work
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 9:11 AM on May. 19, 2010

• acetaminophen it all tylenol is and you can buy it at any drug store, actually you'll get a bigger bottle for less than a small bottle of tylenol and it's the same stuff
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 9:16 AM on May. 19, 2010

• You take baby tylenol? The adult stuff is still there but if you want something different just use the store brand. It hasnt' been recalled.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:29 AM on May. 19, 2010

• I use the generic store brand. It works just the same.
    essimer

Answer by essimer at 9:51 AM on May. 19, 2010

• lol ok ppl no the adult stuff is NOT STILL THERE.. Walmart hasn't had tylenol or motrin on the shelfs for over a MONTH... but doctor told me any off brand will work just fine....
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 9:55 AM on May. 19, 2010

• Several U.S brand name over-the-counter medicines are Tylenol, Tylenol plus, Motrin, Benadryl and Zyrtec. In Canada the recall has been limited to Children’s Tylenol Cough & Runny Nose liquid suspension, Infants Motrin Liquid Suspension and Children’s Motrin.

The Danger: These products may not meet required quality standards. Some of the recalled products may contain a higher concentration of “active ingredient” than is specified on the label; others may contain tainted particles.
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 9:57 AM on May. 19, 2010

• http://www.mcneilproductrecall.com/page.jhtml?id=/include/prd_tylenol.inc

THIS IS WHERE YOU CAN FIND OUT IF YOUR TYLENOL BOTTLE IS RECALLED........ MINE WAS AND I AM 7 AND HALF MONTHS PREGNANT
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 10:04 AM on May. 19, 2010

• GENERIC acetominaphen (gosh I just murdered that spelling). I never buy brand name and we've never had a problem.
    Anonymous