whgat do I do with a mother in law, who has to say something even if its the littlest thing negative about me, or else she's not happy.

I try to stay away from her , but she does it when she comes to my house too. For example this morning she gets mad at me because my daughter has to go to her house to use her printer. She needs to print something out for school. ours is broken or missing something and my husband tried to order another piece but he doesn't know what to order because he's not sure what to prder. And he won't go get a new one be cause he keeps saying he's sure ,he will find the missing piece soon. And he never has, he's been saying this since it broke down. Which was months ago. I think its so stupid, the way she gets upset with me instead of her son . ( what does she think I carry extra printer parts in my pockets or something. ) lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on May. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• When a person is looking for an excuse (to say something negative) anything will do. Just ignore her. As for the printer, go get a new one. It will probably be cheaper than the piece to fix the old one. I bought a great one cheaper than buying ink for my old one! My new one scans too!

Answer by admckenzie at 9:17 AM on May. 19, 2010

• I would ignore her anywhere but in your home. When she is in YOUR home she needs to respect you. So, I would sit down with her and in a mature way just tell her, its either respect you or get out. ;)
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 9:20 AM on May. 19, 2010

• I would take my daughter to the library to print. Tell your MIL to shut her trap and show some respect
    PTBAAMom

Answer by PTBAAMom at 9:24 AM on May. 19, 2010

• Repeat after me. "Knock it off." And when she says what tell her her attitude stinks and you are tired of her mouth. Treat her like a 5 year old. There is no reason for that, but don't use her printer anymore. She doesn't want you to. So just don't.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on May. 19, 2010

• I have one of those MILs too. Mine even told my husband before he proposed that if he married me, she would disown him. It was so bad that she was actually going to screw up his proposal to me. She constantly has something negative to say about me, the house, the way I raise our children, etc. My husband was a single father when I met him. We have since had a girl together. My MIL alienates my DD and blames me for it. "Well maybe I would feel closer to her if her Mom would......." My MIL has made several trips to see my step-son since my daughter's birth. She has made to for my "DD" but always pays more attention to my DSS than my daughter. Even bringing him presents on her birthday.

I let all her comments about me slide. I know my husband loves me. I didn't marry her, I married him. She obviously views me as a threat some how and I leave it at that. I have however, laid into her treatment of DD.
    Anonymous