Are there any other moms have TERRIBLE Braxton Hicks?

I am 32 weeks and I swear my Braxton Hicks are trying to take me out. I have 3 other children at home and I have never experienced pain that is not real pain before. (if that makes any since)! I change postions, walk nothing helps I was almost in tears last night and on my way to the ER . This went on for over an hour; is this normal??? Or should I be worried that I am going to have this little girl early.

keshia2010

Asked by keshia2010 at 9:35 AM on May. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• maybe going to go in to labor early. what did the doctors say in the ER?
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 9:37 AM on May. 19, 2010

• I am 29 weeks and have had the same thing for the past 5 days... Nothing stops them, all I do is lay around which helps but as soon as I get up i get another one, if I turn wrong i get one, sometimes up to 5 an hour.. I am having a girl also... I called doc she says take tylenol every 4 hours which does help but they still come on and off for the past couple days.. I will do good and not have one for an hour or soo then later on they will come full force..sometimes they take my breath away or when I am walking they stop me in my tracks and other times they are not as bad.. I sure hope I don't have this little one early :( i just wunder if I have a yeast infection or a uti that I have no symptoms of.. I go to the doc tom. so I am going to have them test me for both... gl and I hope all strightens out for you... my fingers are crossed for both of us!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 9:51 AM on May. 19, 2010

• I did not go to the ER I finally went to sleep. I am going to Dr every two weeks now so I will see them soon. I will ask her to check me for dialation @ jazmya mom

Good luck at your appointment. I think that maybe a yeast infec or UTI will cause pain in your bladder/bottom of stomach area or lower back but not the whole tummy. Let me know what they say. Thanks for responding @ randilinn
    keshia2010

Answer by keshia2010 at 11:40 AM on May. 19, 2010

• i had a lot for my second child, and he did come early. i think they can be not so much the uterus practicing for labor, as a warning to mommies to take it easy. i had no idea mine were even contractions. i have yet to experience a painful contraction, and i am on my 4th pregnancy. i just had that tightening of the stomach. take it easy, as easy as possible with 3 other kids : )
    i had my early bird at 32 weeks. he stayed in the nicu for 26 days...that is very hard when you have other children too!
    some things i do to stay off my feet:
    i have a snack drawer with pre bagged snacks so the kids can help themselves when hungry. we have water bottles for everyone, so i am not getting up and down for drinks too. dh does the grocery shopping. when he comes home i sit on a stool at the counter and do as much prep as i can. all the chicken gets cut up. all the fruit gets cut up, all the salad veggies and greens get cut up too. GL!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:00 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I hope it all works out Im only 26 weeks but i have them but I usually just re-adjust myself or use a warm compress and it relieves some of the pain. But wit my daughter i was in labor for 3 days so i can take the pain that I am getting now. I go to doctor on monday hopefully they'll go ahead n give me something b/c tyelnol does not work for me..
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 1:30 PM on May. 20, 2010