I'm ready to get married....i think he's stalling.

our relationship is great...we get get along...we have our little debates,but it's never anything huge. I know i want this relationship for life. i want to be married...i'm too damn old for that middle area that comes after you've been together for awhile. i don't see why he wont porpose already. it's been two years. we share everything. all bills are slipt 50/50. we have bulit a little life together. i have asked him if he's against marraige. he said that he wanted to get married, it just takes time and these things dont happen over night. okay i get that...but two years...is he stringing me along? or should i just be patient...and wait for the ring? i don't know. what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on May. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• If he says he wants to marry you just wait. Focus on other things and give it time. Its only been 2 years. Enjoy your time.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 10:14 AM on May. 19, 2010

• If you really want it to last then wait because if its forced its not what you both want its what you want. He maybe ready and has a ring picked out and everything but everytime you bring it up he has to wait longer to ask you so it wont seem he only asking cuz you want him to.
    jazmya_mom

Answer by jazmya_mom at 9:46 AM on May. 19, 2010

• You have to decide if you want to wait for years to get married. Some men, and it sounds like he is one of them, like to go on about how the time isn't right and all that. Really it's just a way to keep you around but not be as tied to you as they think marriage will make them. Two years is plenty of time to decide if he wants to marry you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on May. 19, 2010

• There isn't but one way to know if he intends to marry you. I would tell him that I want to be a married woman, and since it appears that is not what he wants, you are ending the current arrangement. I would not issue him an ultimatum. It's not "Marry me or I'm leaving." It's "This is not what I want out of life, and I'm not going to settle." If he's living at your place, give him a set time to be out. If you are living at his place, find yourself a new home. If he wants you, he will decide it's time to be married. If he doesn't want you and is only using you for his convenience, you will know that. We all have to draw boundaries and enforce them. That's what I would do. I would then wait for a man who comes looking for a wife and not a lifestyle of convenience.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:13 AM on May. 19, 2010

• Maybe he is saving up for that special ring,and he needs more time!
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 11:11 AM on May. 19, 2010

• you're already living with him, he doesn't have to marry you
    Anonymous

• OP: anon2 your ignorant. i don't believe you can marry someone without living with them first. living together changes the relationship. but thanks to all the rest of the ladies for your answers. he's the right guy. and anything worth having is worth waiting for so i'll wait.
    Anonymous

• i wouldnt wait too long if i were you. you already have kids and already "living" as a married couple, so whats holding him back? as a pp said i would let him know that i want to be married and i wont settle for less. 2 years and a few kids later he should be willing and want to marry you. everyone likes to say "marriage is just a piece of paper" if thats the case, why is he stalling on getting it with you. good luck mama and i hope he propose to you soon.
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 10:20 PM on May. 22, 2010