how long does it take?

I am getting really pissed off.

I transfered money from an investment that i hold with US bank. It was SENT from US bank yesterday morining and i was told it would be in my Wells Fargo account today. Its not. Wells Fargo said they have not recived it yet. US Bank told me yesterday that it would be in my account in 1 business day. when i called this morining the guy i spoke to said it could take up to 5 days. I am leaving at 7 am tomorrow to go across the country for work and i do not currently have a credit card that i can use. (got into too much trouble so i closed them ALL)

So..how long does it really take to receive a ACH deposit?
How many of you think i can plan on it being there tomorrow morining before i leave?
HELP PLEASE I AM FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also I checked the routing and account numbers and they are correct.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on May. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Is there a branch you frequent often? I would either go or call that one and ask for the Branch Mgr. Explain your problem; and tell them that you were told yesterday this would take 1 business day; now you're being told 5; which isn't acceptable and you would like to know if there is anything at all he/she can do to assist you. With luck they'll want to help you out. GL

I don't know about a personal transfer. But I used to do ACH's for work all the time and it took at max a few hours to get confirmation of transfer...
    beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 9:51 AM on May. 19, 2010

• Don't panic yet! ACH's can "dump" at different times of the day! You didn't say what time zone you are in, but at my bank here they dump at 10 and 2. One of our other banks shows a pending ACH until it actually dumps and they give you access to the $. I own a business and use ACH a lot for several different accts.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:57 AM on May. 19, 2010

• You ACH can be done in 1 day but it is the bank that sends it that determines how soon they send it. If they don't send it then your bank can't post it. My DH gets his check that way. All it takes is a push of a button and we have our money every other Friday. I can transfer money that way from a paypal account and it takes 2 days even though Paypal says 3-4. I'd be pissed at the bank the money is coming from. I'd call and see if it can be done quicker or if you can cancel it and pull money from a branch bank if there is one near you. As for getting it by tomorrow? Good Luck.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:00 AM on May. 19, 2010

• Was this an actual investment or a savings account? Investment payouts usually have a 5 business day window before any dispersements are made.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:04 AM on May. 19, 2010

• It does take 4 or 5 days. The investment has to be sold and that can take a few days then it has to be sent to your bank (The ACH...) which will take one more business day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on May. 19, 2010

• WellsFargo also likes to hold deposits from other banks for several business days for no reason I can discern. We use ING for our savings accounts and every time we transfer from ING to WellsFargo, it takes four or five business days, not the 2-3 that ING says.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 10:54 AM on May. 19, 2010

• Depending on the amount and the location of banks (time zones, etc).. We don't pull from investments. But when we bought our car we pull money from one savings account and move into a checking account of a different bank. It took 3-4 days to complete the transaction... That is why when possible and dealing with various financial institutions, it is best to plan well in advance
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:57 AM on May. 19, 2010

• It is an IRA at us bank so it was not "technically" invested...They said the SENT it yesterday morning.I don't know what to do.
    Anonymous

• Banks only hold deposits made with out of state checks....never a transfer from another bank.
    Anonymous

• I am so frustrated. I have called like 5 times...they all keep saying it should be in there in the morning but, the told me the same thing yesterday so i don't know if i can beleive them and I have NO other source of getting the money for this trip (it is a buisness trip btw so i can not cancel) My work is going to reemburse me the money i spend but i have to HAVE the money to spend it!! This is so frustrating. The told me on Sunday I was going to have to go...They know how much they pay me i can't belevie they think that is enough time to be ready. I have NEVER had to travel for work before. If the money is NOT there in the morning what do you think i should do?
    Anonymous