False Negative on a pregnancy test??

Has anyone ever had a false negative on a pregnancy test before? I have been using the tests from Dollar Tree and wonder if anyone has had problems with those specific ones.

AnimalsLady

Asked by AnimalsLady at 10:27 AM on May. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I've only ever used Dollar Tree tests, and they've been accurate every time. I got a positive at 18 days past ovulation with my first, 14 with my second, both in the middle of the day, not first morning urine. They work the same as name brand tests; as long as you're getting a control line, it means the test is probably working right. But keep in mind that they're not the super sensitive ones that can detect pregnancy "up to 5 days before a missed period", so if you're testing early, then there is a possibility that you're getting a "false negative", but you'd have to get a test that specifically says it can be used early to make a difference.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:38 AM on May. 19, 2010

• Most ppl I talk with have gotten accurate results. But I have heard a few didnt get a positive on them when they got a positive test on other brands. It just depends on the person!!
    mom2wy

Answer by mom2wy at 10:45 AM on May. 19, 2010

• I had two negative results from tests at an Air Force clinic and I was already 6 weeks pregnant. This was before they invented Home Pregnancy Tests. Try another brand of test.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:54 AM on May. 19, 2010

• Check out this site for more information about HPT  www.peeonastick.com

Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:56 AM on May. 19, 2010