Indoor tanning

Okay- I havent been tanning a really long time, and i was wondering how often is okay to go? Ive got a one month unlimited thing...and I want to use it as often as possible! :)

Sherrae

Asked by Sherrae at 11:19 AM on May. 19, 2010 in Health

• You can go everyday. You just can't go twice in a 24 hour period. I would say that 3 times a week will give you a nice tan!
    mommyerin02

Answer by mommyerin02 at 11:21 AM on May. 19, 2010

• as often as you want to increase your risk of skin cancer
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:25 AM on May. 19, 2010

• Depends on how fast you want to develop melanoma. Not the answer you want to hear, I know. If you want NO melanoma, you DON'T GO.

The rate of this deadly skin cancer has skyrocketed among young women thanks to the surge in tanning salons. If you MUST go, SPRAY tan NOT a UV bed.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:28 AM on May. 19, 2010

• And maybe it's me...but I don't think dark tans look good anymore. I think they look awful, actually. And I grew up in the 70s when everyone baked themselves, including me. My aesthetic tastes have changed, I guess.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:30 AM on May. 19, 2010

• But but but... Skin cancer is so sexy!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on May. 19, 2010

• Yeah sorry, but tanning i NOT safe and not a good idea. The risk of skin cancer is reportedly HIGHER than just plain old sunning ouside, according to an article at cancer.org.

I wearsunblock everyday and I'll take my white skin instead of cancer and leathery, wrinkly skin anyday
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:43 AM on May. 19, 2010

• Holy cow angry women!! Im just trying to get a base tan for my cruise!! Like I said I havent been indoor tanning in a looong time.
    Sherrae

Answer by Sherrae at 12:46 PM on May. 19, 2010

You asked and you got your answers...it IS dangerous to tan in a tanning bed. You can't refute that fact. Your just pissy because you didn't get the answers you wanted.
    Anonymous

• "Holy cow angry women!!"

Not angry...I lost a colleague to melanoma so I tend to be fierce about the subject.

"Im just trying to get a base tan for my cruise!! Like I said I havent been indoor tanning in a looong time. "

"Base tans" are a myth...there is no such thing. Dermatologists have been saying that for decades (I first heard it way back in the 70s). Tan is tan...the cells slough off as you shower so any "base" you develop does disappear pretty quickly.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:37 PM on May. 19, 2010

• do you have an LA tan in your area? they do $5 tuesdays. i go like once every 3 months because i am a hermit and don't go outside but my olive skin turns like green when it doesn't have pigment.
    sophistcatdfury

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 6:37 PM on May. 19, 2010