Have You Ever Had An OB Say Something Like This To You?

http://www.myobsaidwhat.com/

The things on this site blows me away! Have you ever had an OB, or other birth related professional say something to you that would be worthy of being put on this site?

dedicatedrider

Asked by dedicatedrider at 11:28 AM on May. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 11:29 AM on May. 19, 2010

• LOLE!!! "“You can put whatever you want up there.” -OB to mother at six week postpartum visit when mother asked about when she can resume intercourse."
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 11:36 AM on May. 19, 2010

• My OB was a DICK during delivery with my first. Right in front of me he got frustrated with the nurse for calling him in because I hadn't crowned yet, even though I was definitely pushing and bitched saying "it's going to be hours"... he was terrible. :(
    hippiemamaof2

Answer by hippiemamaof2 at 11:42 AM on May. 19, 2010

• wow.. this is why i stick with my midwife.. shes like a second mom..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 11:59 AM on May. 19, 2010

• I geuss so because I was just recently told at my 8 week appt. unless my baby is about 6lbs I will not be able to have vaginal birth I would have to have a c-section again and guess what is is on here http://myobsaidwhat.com/2010/05/17/your-pelvis-is-just-way-too-tiny/

mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 12:04 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Swaney, if you look carefully, some of those things ARE said by midwives.
    Anonymous

• I actually have a post on that site. Not one of the really bad ones, but I had a natural intervention free birth with my first and had to change care providers (MW with first OB with second) for the second and the OB said she was fine with all natural, but at about 36 weeks she asked when I wanted to schedule an induction and when I asked why (thinking there was a medical reason) she said "so you can schedule child care for your other child" and was dead serious.
    Anonymous

• A Doctor or nurse or midwife is there to HELP you during labor and delivery and yet too many moms are ungrateful and criticize and think they know more than the professionals. What is up with that???? If you think you know so much,why not have the baby at home by yourself and let your SO or DH deliver it?
    Anonymous

• I should put on there what the anesthesiologist said to me right before my c-section. After they did the needle test to see if I could feel anything (which i could) they started cutting, I freaked out and asked what the hell they were doing it hurts, and he goes "Oh we were just testing you." WHAT?!?
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 12:31 PM on May. 19, 2010

• lol, my dr. came in when i had been pushing for four hours without medication on NOV. 2 and said, well looks like i have time to go vote. see ya in a while. i started crying.

KristaRene

Answer by KristaRene at 12:55 PM on May. 19, 2010