What does the "Tea Party"stand for?

I don't really know much about this new "TeaParty".How are they different from Republicans or Democrats?

evelynwest

Asked by evelynwest at 11:31 AM on May. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Are you talking about actual political parties formed from the rallies? Or are you talking about the rallies?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:43 AM on May. 19, 2010

• I think it means- I just bought a new boat.
    You see we went to the lake on Sat. and all the new boats had teaparty referenced names.
    Like- imateabagger, teaparty express, t-party, teaparty, tbag, t-bag, douteabag, and so forth.
    So..that's what I think it stands for. :)
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:46 AM on May. 19, 2010

• There are about a dozen national Tea Party groups and hundreds more that are state and local. There is one in particular that hires Sarah Palin to do their PR and like to claim they are the "original" tea party but they had nothing to do with it - they just glommed onto the movement after it started and tried to take it over.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:48 AM on May. 19, 2010

Exactly... It was never organized to become a formal national level political party like Republican, Democrat, Libertarian. Have some local/state level groups taken it upon THEMSELVES to become a recognized party? perhaps. But there is NO national Tea Party Formal Political Party.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:53 AM on May. 19, 2010

• Taxed Enough Already even though taxes are lower now ?
    Anonymous

• People who did get any taxes lowered can easily still be taxed enough already and though they may have (I know I haven't had mine lowered)less taxes now anyone with a brain knows this spending isn't sustainable and taxes will be raise soon enough. Those who throw that stupid phrase out there are hillareous. It' shows a bit of Stupidity, but don't despair Obama said the same thing so they are no stupider than Obama

Personally I don't like the name TEA PARTY. This grassroots movement really isn't a party. It's not a 3rd party. What it is is AMERICANS, like you and me who are tired of our government blowing us off. It's people who believe in the constitution and it's people who do not like our dollars being wasted for no ones benefit but to our detriment. We don't want to see our children saddled with the debt the Liberals seem to not care about. We care about many things, taxes is just one of them.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:47 PM on May. 19, 2010