Do you believe in fighting for it?

Do you believe in true love, and doing whatever it takes to fight for the person you love, even if things look hopeless? At what point do you let go? If your gut tells you to hang in there, even though it looks like it's never going to work do you hang in there or just let go? I'm not talking about an abusive relationship, just things coming against you. How long would you hold on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on May. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• Anything worth having is worth fighting for.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:34 AM on May. 19, 2010

• If your gut tells you to hang in there.Then you should hang in there.You wouldn't want to end a relationship and then change your mind.Because it would never be the same even if you did get back together.but it takes two people to want to make it work out.One of them can't do it by themself.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 11:35 AM on May. 19, 2010

• As long as I could, I definitely do believe in true love and fate. I would fight as long as I could, marriage takes time, patience, and a lot of work. There are so many obstacles and hardships a marriage will go through but as long as you hold on to hope and you still love him I believe things will work out in the end.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 11:37 AM on May. 19, 2010

• If you truly love each other, then it is worth fighting for. Depending on what it is that is going against you, it might be that you need to work together to make the relationship work (outside forces causing problems), or it might be that you need to learn to compromise and occasionally give in to make it work (the two of you disagree on how to do certain things). But, always, when there's still love, there's still something worth fighting for.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:39 AM on May. 19, 2010

• If you have children with someone you are always going to have a relationship with them, unless they desert their children. I've been divorced for over 20 years and still see my ex when he comes to town to visit my kids and grandson about once a month. Divorce or ending a live-in relationship can be financially devistating and neither of you may ever recover. I just heard on the radio about a study that couples that go to counseling the majority stay together and are happy 5 years after they considered ending the relationship. You might consider counseling.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:43 AM on May. 19, 2010

• http://www.klove.com/BLOG/post/2010/01/05/The-40-day-journey-starts-Wednesday!.aspx
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on May. 19, 2010

• I think "true love" is bull, quite frankly. It was made up for fairy tales and movies and gives people an unrealistic view of what love and marriage really are. There are different kids of love, and it starts with romantic love, but romantic love doesn't last forever. People are made to believe that it does, and then get disappointed when the thrill goes away.

I've been married four years and I am happily settled into the stage of contented love.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on May. 19, 2010

• If I weren't married or had children I'd walk away, knowing what I know now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on May. 19, 2010

• True love never looks hopeless.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:09 PM on May. 19, 2010

• "I think "true love" is bull, quite frankly"

You will never get to experience true love thinking that way. Sorry you're missing out, i'm sure as hell not. True love is a wonderful thing. I live in it daily.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:10 PM on May. 19, 2010