Are Luvs Diapers Notorious for Rashes?

I used to use them when my kids were tiny, and they got rashes. I thought it might just be their sensitive skin, so we switched. But now, my youngest is in them again (we're in the middle of potty training) and he's getting rashes again. So is it the diapers or just my kid's skin?

To those wondering why my 5 year old is still training, he's a special needs child, and he might never fully train. Thanks for any help!

NightPhoenix

Asked by NightPhoenix at 11:44 AM on May. 19, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I never had a problem with them giving rashes worse than any other brand, but they did leak horribly for me.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 11:45 AM on May. 19, 2010

• I never had any problems with Luvs.
    Anonymous

• Probably just your kid. I never had an issue with Luvs and rashes, but other brands gave some of my kids rashes. Not all of them got the same rashes from the same brands. Luvs were the one brand that none of them got a rash from.
    Anonymous

• I've used them on both of my kids and I've never had a problem with rashes. Try parents choice from walmart.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:19 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I have used Luvs on both of my kids for ever. They are the only diapers I have used aside from Pampers Swaddlers when they were newborns. My daughter is 2.5 yrs and my son is 11 months old. Months ago...JUST before they came out with the new Pampers Dry Max, my daughter got a horrible rash on her inner thigh right where the diaper touched, it looked like a chemical burn. The doctor diagnosed it as Contact Dermatitis, basically that they had no idea what it was from. A week or so later, my son go the same thing. (keep in mind that Pampers makes Luvs) and I'm sure you've heard all about the chemical burns from the new Dry Max diapers. That's my story. =)
    Anonymous

• My kids had to stop wearing them because of rashes as well. we ended up with one of the store brands.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:33 PM on May. 19, 2010

• I tried them once and while my son didn't get a rash, he leaked out of them like crazy. That was the last time I'll buy them. I'm sticking with Huggies.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:45 PM on May. 19, 2010

• luvs are the worst! my son got a very bad rash from those diapers.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:00 PM on May. 19, 2010

• My kids never had a problem with Luv's, but my daughter would get rashes when I used Pampers.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 2:54 PM on May. 19, 2010

• My youngest is in luvs now....I LOVE them since they changed them up a couple years ago! Never had any problems with them. They don't even leak like they used to (when it got all pebbly after they peed it a few times, no problems anymore since the switch)!
    AmmuJSE

Answer by AmmuJSE at 8:34 PM on May. 19, 2010