mil trying to mess up My FAMILy!

Well my mil and my husbands ex girlfriend are getting so close now. Where there taking pictures together, and she goes to party with her side of the family.well my husband hates his ex because of many reasons. the reason why they spilt up was because she was having sex with another guy in there bed and my dh caught them in the act.well my mil favors her first granchild more than our baby together. Whenever we ask to watch or son for like two hrs she's always busy. There's not one picture of our child, but millions of my stepson.

mellyhayes

Asked by mellyhayes at 11:49 AM on May. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• Im fortunate to have a great soon to be MIL, though if i were in your situation i wouldnt ask her to watch my child. eventually she'll miss her son and he has to be the one to approach the sitation with his mother. Good luck, im allways here just PM me if youd like to talk moree
    IzabellaBugg

Answer by IzabellaBugg at 11:52 AM on May. 19, 2010

• I feel for you. My advice would be to stay far away from her and keep your child away from her, too. Let HER come to you if she wants a relationship with her grandchild. This is only going to cause pain.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on May. 19, 2010

• Maybe she does that because the older child should be easier to watch.Tots have too much energy for grandma to keep up with.But that is just my guess.As far as the picture thing goes,I'd give her a big 8x10 of the youngest as a gift.and see if she puts it out to show.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 12:03 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Then don't bother with her. If she doesn't want anything to do with you or your family, then don't bother with her. You, your husband, your child have no obligation to even associate with her. If she can't accept the whole family then she doesn't deserve to be accepted herself.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:08 PM on May. 19, 2010

• i'm usually one to give the benefit of the doubt: perhaps your MIL is trying to make sure that the first grandchild doesn't feel left out of the family and keep the communication open to make sure he never feels excluded or less than... she may not realize by focusing so much attention on that grandchild, perhaps assuming that since you have the husband to go with the baby you don't need all the extras, that it makes you feel this way. it was your husband's relationship with the tramp, not your MIL's - cut her a break for allowing people to make mistakes and still wanting to do the right thing. i understand why this burns you up, but before you jump to the conclusion this is out of maliciousness, just sit down with her and tell her how you feel, but be careful not to interfere with their relationship - i have seen plenty of questions from hurt grandmas who can't see the kids because the mothers are bitches.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:18 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Your HUSBAND needs to tell his mom to wise up.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:44 PM on May. 19, 2010