What happens when...? (Another Facebook related question)

Do you know what happens when you ignore a friend invite on Facebook and then mark it that you don't know who this person is?

I click that option when I have NO CLUE who they are and they don't say anything when they send the invite. I've often wondered what it does though. Hmmm...

firenicecream

Asked by firenicecream at 11:52 AM on May. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't think it does anything. I had someone repeatedly send friend requests after I marked that option every time. Eventually they said something and I told them they were mistaken and didn't know me.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:05 PM on May. 19, 2010

• It either blocks the person from not being able to contact you, notifies the person, or just rejects their friend request.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:03 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Now I was told that it doesn't mean anything, that the person that you ignored will not be told that his/her request was ignored.
    That also goes for gifts etc...
    I have done it many times on FB bc of all of the games that I belong to... if they don't tell me what game then I don't accept.
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:03 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Idk, if I have someone I truly don't know request me I write down their name, then go to the privacy settings and block them entirely.
    Anonymous