Can taking the last 5 pills of your bc stop your period?

Okay its kind of a random question. I'm not on bc but I read somewhere you can use it as a emergency contraption. So I took 5 and my husband and I still continued had sex after that (he wants a baby I'm not sure I'm ready for another one) but we've had sex a few times with no protection or any bc. (Most the time we use condoms) Now my period is 4 days late and I tested when I was 1 day late and it said negative. soo I'm wondering if theirs a chance I could be pregnant or it the bc made me skip my period.. I haven't shown any signs but tender breasts every now and then. And some clear discharge (sorry for the TMI) but I know I don't have an std or a infection

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on May. 19, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• You're an idiot.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:08 PM on May. 19, 2010

• Birth control could mess up your beriod anyways and could also cause some pregnancy symptoms. The last week of pills are just sugar pill though so they do not effect you unless you are taking seasonique (sp) the last week is suppose to make you have you period. I mean I could be wrong but from my understanding this is what I know.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 12:09 PM on May. 19, 2010

• if you are on a 28 day pack, you took placebo pills
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:20 PM on May. 19, 2010

• You took 5 at once! Oh no, that's very bad. That puts you at great risk of pulmonary emboli. I had pulmonary emboli while on the pill and almost died. One emboli can kill you if not treated in 1 hour. Did you see this House on Monday and the lady died of a pulmonary emboli with House right there. She had a fat embolus, the pill give you a blood clot emboli and you need blood thinners and other treatment. I was in the hospital 2 weeks, most of the time in intensive care.

If you get any chest pain at all call 911, don't drive yourself to the ER. It didn't hurt me that bad and I had multiple emboli in both lungs. I wasn't even going to go to the ER I thought it was just asthma. My son said I looked bad and called 911.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:36 PM on May. 19, 2010

• 12:08 PM on May. 19, 2010 by: SaraP1989
    You're an idiot
    __________________________
    And YOU are rude. I can't believe you actually said that! Just don't.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:21 PM on May. 19, 2010